Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Suomi 1931 9mm

Suomi 1931 9mm

I know they had problems with some early ones,but have not heard anything lately.I see on another board a fellow getting about 1.5" at 50 yards with a lead load and reporting a reliable gun for the most part.I like Finnish guns and was wondering if anyone here has first hand experiance with one?

HMP.

Boolit Mold
    I'd also like to know this. I was looking at them for awhile but the reviews weren't the best. Look like alot of fun

Boolit Buddy
    I have one that is awesome.I have 2 stick mags and a drum with it and it is a great shooter.Mike
    If I tell you a Rooster can pull a plow You better hook him up

Boolit Master
    I wanted one, but the reliability issues kept me at arm's length. I ended up just buying a 9mm upper for the AR's.

They do look like fun, though...

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by milsurp mike View Post
    I have one that is awesome.I have 2 stick mags and a drum with it and it is a great shooter.Mike

well that makes me feel better.Maybe i'll take the plunge.

HMP

Banned
    i have shot a semi and a full auto one and they are a BLAST!! it was eating my Lee 124 TC lead boolit with 4.5grn red dot up and i was hitting a coke can at 120 yards with iron sights it does have a bad hard trigger and it is a HEAVY little gun

Boolit Master

I looked at one at the local Dunhams. Heavy little thang. cost $700 with one stick mag. You would need a progressive press and a lot of boolits.

Boolit Buddy

I may be late in picking up this thread, but just picked up my Suomi for $399 and drums were $20 each.

My FFL worked through J&G Sales I saw in Shotgun News.

I, too, worried about function, but it is really a fun one to shoot. Son and I did steel plates at abut 25 yds over Memorial Day and it was hard to miss with it.....

Just yesterday I put it on a rest at 50 yards and considering it was not mush of a rest, it held in there (5"). For not much of a rest and the first time I tried it that way.... I am very happy with it.

At 14 lbs, it will help build upper body strength as we shoot steel rapid fire.....LOL

Banned
    there's a shim in front of the barrel stop and the shroud, shimming tightens up the barrel to trunnion for more accuracy.

remember it was still designed as a machine gun and reliable function was more important than accuracy.

Almost everyone loses, disregards or leaves out the shim.

And, yeah it's heavy, especially w/ a full 71rd. drum..........................
    Last edited by jerry_from_ct; 06-01-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Boolit Buddy

I noticed that shim when I took the barrel off. I thought it might be important.....

Thanks for the heads up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstafl10 View Post
    I noticed that shim when I took the barrel off. I thought it might be important.....

Thanks for the heads up.
    if one were inclined and had the means to acquire or make shims of different thicknesses, this will correct accuracy problems related to the barrel, if the problem exists.

Historically the shims were an advantage for peacetime small game shooting, imparting excellent accuracy, the combat usage required the ability to remove a HOT shot out barrel in the field by hand and replace w/ a new one, one of the great features of the gun.
    An overheated over-shimmed would be difficult to remove. not an issue w/ a semi gun weekend shooter.

MOWING MACHINE OF TIKKAKOSKI

http://guns.connect.fi/gow/suomi1.html