Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lyman All-American Press

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    floodgate, I think its the color of the old Lyman presses, that orange mezzmerizes us, we gots to have it.

And I bow to your trump, do you wear a hair piece, is your first name Donald.

I've had to fight the compulsion to buy another AA press, a few months back could have picked up another one much cheaper than the first one. It even had the primer swing arm...but I was able to resist it because it was still that awful puked-out faded red.

But a new one in a box looks pretty cool.

Jim

Thanks, all, for a TON of useful information. I have the shellholder adapter AND the priming post dealie, both in new, sealed packages. I disassembled the top, cleaned out all the old grease, which was like cement. I regreased, and reassembled. In reviewing, though, I will tighten the top cap more, as I left it pretty loose. I have no experience with multi-station presses, except for MECs, so I will probably use it as a single-stage with multiple stations.
    Kurt H.
    I'm out of my mind, be back in a minute...

Kurt, I adjusted my AA turret plate pressure so it was comfortable to rotate by hand...but stayed in station securely to operate without movement.

And watch out for that pressure on the ball indent spring when you remobe the turret...BOING! Gone to never land before you know it.

Jim

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    Guys:

I recently got a box of loose parts off a couple of Lyman All-American presses, which I needed to get a pair of "stripped" ones working again. Among the "stuff" I do not need is one of the special Lyman adapters to fit the shotshell die station on the AA-Turret and also used in the single-station AA-"Comet" to adapt them for standard 7/8" x 14 tpi dies.. This bushing is threaded outside to the nut-ball Lyman 1.100" x 28 tpi thread, and NOT the much more common 1-1/4" x 12 tpi used by RCBS, Hornady and others for this purpose. "Bubba" has kissed the knurling lightly with pliers, and there are a few spots of a blue-green "foreign" paint, but it is perfectly serviceable and the threads are in fine shape. First PM from someone short of this part gets it for the cost of postage.

There are also a few of the pivot pins, links. etc., if anyone is short of these.

floodgate
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

floodgate, I sure could have used the shotgun bushing a few years back when I first got my AA press from a gent up in B.C. Canada.

Its fourth hole was the dreaded huge shotgun die hole on the turret. None of the bushings available on the current market would fit it because it had that Lyman mickey mouse 1.1 X 28 thread.

I also could not find anyone who had such a tap and die to make a bushing for the great AA press.

Kenjunndo, (Jim) came to my rescue as he asked me to send him the top turret and he would make Lee bushing fit it, so I could use standard 7/8X14 dies in its weird hole size.

He did a fantastic job, bored the shotgun hole to take the new Lee thread, and even threw in a free Lee bushing.

The man's generousity is over wellming in these difficult times of trying to make something work, I really appreciate what Jim did for me, as I now have an AA press that can utilize all four die station holes.

So, some luckey guy is going to get an AA shotgun bushing because floodgate also has that overwellming generousity as well.

Sure are a lot of really decent individuals on this forum.

Jim
    Last edited by Swagerman; 01-06-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Thumbs up

All my holes are 7/8-14, so I won't need it either. Very kind of you to offer, though. Thank you.
    Kurt H.
    I'm out of my mind, be back in a minute...

Boolit Mold
    Hi,any chance i could get a copy of those instructions for the AA press also,thanks from IHGUY

Boolit Master
    Welcome to Cast Boolits ihguy.

I don't know if noticed or not, but this thread is over 6 years old. I don't know if these guys even hang around anymore or not. Fortunately though, not too long ago, there was a thread on the Lyman AA. So with interest fairly fresh, maybe someone will catch this and respond. Or you may want to start new thread of your own.

Good Luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AllAmerican.jpg  
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Banned
    I just checked the index and I do not have instructions for the All American. Surprised me.
    Ken

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the reply, i noticed it was old but you never know,I see Pressman below checked for the instructions,thanks to both of you,i think i will enjoy this site,my kind of people

I may have a scanned copy of the instructions. Will check and let you know.

Boolit Master
    Does any one have any unwanted parts for the Lyman AA pushbutton primer system. Slides, Pushrods ,stops or Bushings . If so Please let me Know . I.m trying to put make one complete
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    I just acquired a Lyman AA turret press. It looks to be mostly there, including the curved cast primer arm thingie.

I've spent a bunch of time looking unsuccessfully for a manual, parts breakdown, any documentation on this unit.

Does anybody have a link to a scanned manual?

Or can somebody PM me and we can chat on the phone about operating this nice looking unit.

Thanks gang,
    CARPE DIEM!.......

Boolit Master
    Markshere2 I have pm you
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    Markshere2
    i have posted a copy of an original instruction manual and a copy of the Push Button Primer feed instruction sheet.
    I have no parts Breakdown
    Sal
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Buddy
    This fantastic!
    Exactly what I needed.

Many thanks Sal!
    CARPE DIEM!.......

Banned
    Thanks here also, fascinating reading.
    Ken

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    Markshere2
    i have posted a copy of an original instruction manual and a copy of the Push Button Primer feed instruction sheet.
    Sal
    Where?

Boolit Master
    Lyman All american Instruction again
    NRA Endowment Member

Boolit Master
    Thanks salpal48! Added to my home data base for future reference.
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast