RepackboxLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: My latest catch of the day

Boolit Master

My latest catch of the day

Attached are pictures of my latest purchase. Looks like I am trying to corner the market on lubrisizers. Among the powder mearsures is one made by Barre Darr. It was ment to be used at the shooting bench. There are many different inserts that allow you to select the amount of powder you want. Check out the old powder cans. The can of Hi- Vel # 2 was made at a time when they poured wax over tht top of the can after it was filled. It was never opened. There is also a Wilson case trimmer with several case holders.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 06-22-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, that's some cool stuff u bought...
    Jack
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Please tell me you paid at least $10 for all this....

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

jack pot

That can of 4759 is a great find. It was designed to produce low velocity loads for rifle cartridges. Your previous owner must have been a bench shooter as that is what some of the measures are designed for.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

GopherSlayer,

Wow what a haul! Alot of that equipment is classic stuff. I hope all the powder is still good. If you smell an acrid odor in the can or seen rust-orange color on the top of the powder it is no good, but you probably already know this. I would just hate to see a mishap happen.

Boolit Master

He was a great shooter

Yes, the gentleman that owned this equipment and powder was a dedicated schuzten guy. He would spend whatever time and money it took to get a rifle to shoot with cast bullits. If you could see some of his targets fired at one or two hundred yards you would think he used a center punch instead of a rifle. He passed away last year. He left some beautiful rifles but I was not able to purchase any of them. Various members of the family bought almost all of them. The rifles they didn't want, I didn't want either. They were hunting rifles and since I never go hunting, I passed. I like to shoot and you do very little shooting when you hunt. As for the powder, they simply wanted to get rid of it so I paid very little for it. I didn't really need it but I bought it anyway. There is a lesson to be learned in this situation as in others I have seen. When you get up there in years and only you know when that time comes, stop buying and just enjoy what you have stockpiled. Good advice and for the record I have not folleded it either.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Man
    Wish I had saved all those red oval DuPont BP cans instead of dumping them in the garbage after emptying them.
    "Too soon ve gets old und too late ve gets schmart."

"There is a lesson to be learned in this situation as in others I have seen. When you get up there in years and only you know when that time comes, stop buying and just enjoy what you have stockpiled. Good advice and for the record I have not folleded it either. "

GopherSlayer,

How very true! This is something that I, and probably most folks do not think of in younger years. It reminds me of the scripture that says, "So let us number our days that we might apply our hearts to wisdom."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1874Sharps View Post
    "There is a lesson to be learned in this situation as in others I have seen. When you get up there in years and only you know when that time comes, stop buying and just enjoy what you have stockpiled. Good advice and for the record I have not folleded it either. "

GopherSlayer,

How very true! This is something that I, and probably most folks do not think of in younger years. It reminds me of the scripture that says, "So let us number our days that we might apply our hearts to wisdom."
    Yup! as I pile on the years, I've began to feel my mortality a bit. I've been trying to sort out and inventory all the junk in my loading and casting areas so the wife will have an idea of what to do with it. Or sell off a bunch of it off now and try out the new Ruger SR1911. I really don't think I need or have a use for four Lyman four cavity 429421 44-245-SWC moulds! After all, a buddy talked me out of my S&W Mod. 29 and took it to Colorado with him.

I've got all the pistols, rifles and knives listed and priced. I used to have a casting business, I'm now working on listing the casting equipment. Three Magma Master Casters, a Lube Master with collator, couple tons of lead, moulds, etc.

Hopefully, she won't have to deal with this for a few years.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Quote Originally Posted by GOPHER SLAYER View Post
    Yes, the gentleman that owned this equipment and powder was a dedicated schuzten guy. He would spend whatever time and money it took to get a rifle to shoot with cast bullits. If you could see some of his targets fired at one or two hundred yards you would think he used a center punch instead of a rifle. He passed away last year. He left some beautiful rifles but I was not able to purchase any of them. Various members of the family bought almost all of them. The rifles they didn't want, I didn't want either. They were hunting rifles and since I never go hunting, I passed. I like to shoot and you do very little shooting when you hunt. As for the powder, they simply wanted to get rid of it so I paid very little for it. I didn't really need it but I bought it anyway. There is a lesson to be learned in this situation as in others I have seen. When you get up there in years and only you know when that time comes, stop buying and just enjoy what you have stockpiled. Good advice and for the record I have not folleded it either.
    "Hunters don't shoot. Shooters don't hunt. And collectors don't do either."