Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Stevens Model 200 Stock

Stevens Model 200 Stock

I just saw today where Boyd's is now making aftermarket stocks for the newer model Stevens 200s with the center feed magazine. This is good news for anyone wanting to replace the beige colored stock with something a bit more rigid or better looking. I picked up a .270 a while back for $179 on a clearance deal at Academy and it's fixin to get some new furniture. Now if I could just find a reasonably priced heavy barrel for my Savage 110 .243 I'd be good to go.

My ¢2
    Armorer

A Stevens 200 for $179 I wonder where you heard that lol.

I am doing the short action but it will take a few months. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ht=Stevens+200
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterGrin_1 View Post
    A Stevens 200 for $179 I wonder where you heard that lol.
    Actually the Academy that is close to me bought a bunch in 09' with plans for a big sale around Thanksgiving. They didn't sell anywhere near as many as they thought they would. I was shootin the breeze with a guy at the gun counter there one day and he told me that they would be going on sale soon. I happened to be there one day and the sale was on. All they had left was .270 and a bunch of 7mm-08. I never had a .270 before, so I jumped on it. I knew they are accurate rifles because I have one in .308 as my deer rifle, and it's a tack driver at 100 with 168 VLDs and Varget.

Armorer

Boolit Buddy

Stevens 200

I can confirm Armorer's experience with Stevens 200. Last year, I bought a Stevens 200 in 7mm/08 for $179 from Academy Sports. They even threw in a complimentry box of ammo of 7mm/08.

The week after I bought it, Midway had a closeout on Savage barrels and I got one in 358 Winchester for $105. I plan to restock this rifle with a Boyds stock.

Centex Bill

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEX BILL View Post
    The week after I bought it, Midway had a closeout on Savage barrels and I got one in 358 Winchester for $105. I plan to restock this rifle with a Boyds stock.
    That is exactly what I want to do with my Savage 110 in .243 I am going to replace the stock on the .270 with a Boyds and leave the rest of it alone. I think...lol But I want a heavy barrel and new stock for the 110. Jester Grin put me onto a lead for a barrel. Just gotta get on it.

Armorer