MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Starline 45-70 brass group buy.

Boolit Grand Master

Do you mean to tell me that after all the rest of the BS they put you through, they didn't give you an accurate count???
    That rips it. I'll bet they counted by weight, and shipped heavier than normal brass. Surely they weren't stupid enough to think you wouldn't count.
    Do you see a pattern of unconcerned attitude here?
    Ya better check the specs on it with a fine toothed comb. If they can't ship on schedule or count for an order, I doubt they can read a Mic. Didn't they screw up 20000???? Is this half of them????
    Or did the Obama clowns take over Starline??????
    Hey Honcho,,, I'll wait till they make up the shortage. After they put you through the ringer, I couldn't take mine at your expense.

Boolit Master
    shorted huh!!!!
    you would think after ALL the hassle Starline has given you they would make darn sure the count was correct, (i agree with mold maker , they weighed that brass.)
    those people at starline should have counted every one and given you 10% gratis for your grief and headaches over the past few months.
    call em up and give them "what for".
    BONEHEADS!!!!!!!!!.
    don't ship any yet ,,,,,just in case they need a recount
    regards adrian:takinWiz:
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Master
    Well, ----------------

I have just finished updating the Starline warning on the Marlinowners forum, and sending a communication directly to Starline,

The information on Starline's actions and lack of customer service needs to be widely spread.

I have suggested that Starline attempt to remove at least part of the bad taste from the Honcho's mouth by shipping him at least 300 new and fresh pieces of 45/70 brass ASAP.

I doubt that will happen.

However, I have informed Starline that the word of their actions is being rapidly spread, "as we speak", and I would hope a good number of people add their voices to the out cry.

I told Starline that all or most of the people in the group buy are reasonable people, and would have "weathered the storm" if only they would have communicated with the Honcho.

But to now short the months late delivery is unexceptable.

I hope Starline gets enough flak and bad PR from this to get them to shape up their customer service.

WOW, do they ever have a LONG ways to go!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Honcho,
    Make up the short count from my order. At t he price you got us I will still come out ok - no worries. Just consider it thanks for all this hassle. Now I have to go count my last order I got from a few weeks ago that I have not got into yet. &^&*^%^&$###@!

Okay,
    Just had my son count my order of 32 H&R brass and it was accurate,
    Hopefully this has just been a fluke with this one order and all the bad mojo has left Starline once this order was shipped
    Last edited by shootingbuff; 10-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    sb

I'll keep ordering from Starline.

In Remembrance

Keep in mind that most manufacturers will ship +/- 10%....... They almost never hit an exact amount.

On a 10,500 pc order, -10% would have/could have shorted you 1,050 pcs. Of course, they almost NEVER ship the +10%. Hmmmmmm wonder why.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    Might not be a bad idea for GB members to send off a polite request for them to ship the remainder of the purchased order which has been shorted to Jeramiah.

50+ e-mails might get their attention.

(NOTE: I included in my e-mail the comments of our honcho - just to keep things above board.)

Boolit Master

I spoke with Starline this morning, they are sending out the amount I was shorted.

They had no qualms with doing it at all.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master

starline has allways ben good to me but i only get 500pcs at a time
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    I spoke with Starline this morning, they are sending out the amount I was shorted.

Glad to hear they are trying to be forth right with the shortage.

Thanks again,
    sb

I'm glad to hear this !!! I'm sure between the great guys on this site i've talked to etc there's no way we would have let you get shorted. THANK'S AGAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post

Boolit Grand Master

Unless they stated at the time of the order, or in a letter of acceptance, that they reserved the right to ship, +- 10%, they are obligated, to honor shipment, of the agreed upon amount.
    For them to short ship this order, after what has preceded is not a mistake. It is an intentional final slap in the face to Jeramiah, and the rest of us.
    To not have followed up, and make darn sure of the count, is yet another example, of the attitude they have shown from the beginning.
    I'm NOT saying they did it intentionally, cause that would indicate, attempted theft and fraud.
    I am however, saying they don't give a D@mn. Until it starts to empty their pockets, nothing will change. This is the type of Greed that folks are protesting all over this country.
    Starline is just saying, "I've got it, and if you want it." "You will dance to our tune, and jump through our hoops, and just maybe, we will sell it to you."
    I've been dealing with shooting suppliers for over 50 years and Starline is the only company that hasn't bent over backward, to see to it, I was satisfied.
    I'm normally a pretty calm and laid back fellow. I just don't let others raise my BP. I will however, tell everyone I can, in detail, the way Starline treated Jeramiah, and the rest of us indirectly.
    You can bet your Booty I will NEVER profit Starline another dime. I'll make every attempt to dissuade others, likewise.

Boolit Master

Brass is all boxed up. Just waiting on time to get the shipping labels paid for and printed.

Just been busy fixing other's screw ups at work. We have a department that seriously needs to be given the boot.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Grand Master

thx997303, Has Starline made things right with you? They've had more than enough time to correct the problem.

Boolit Master

Yes, starline sent me a bit more than the missing brass.

9 of the boxes have been delivered to the post office as of today.

I will update the information in the OP of this thread.

Boolit Mold
    Received my brass. Thanks.

Boolit Bub
    Received mine today also. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    Also received mine today!!!!!!!

Ya know guys, after the problems we had to deal with on this, I think an envelope with a couple bucks, sent to the Honcho would be a nice gesture!

Yes, I read that the Honcho rec'd the missing/shorted brass and a few extra to boot, but that is not as a customer should expect an order to be handled, and no less then was due him for what he was forced to put up with at the hands of Starline!

Maybe a buck per hundred, won't break any of us, and won't make the Honcho rich, but it is a bit of a thank you from all of us for efforts represented on our behalf.

THANKS, Honcho!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Rcvd my Brass today. Thanks again!
    sb

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast