Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Starline 45-70 brass group buy.

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe all the bad press here about Starline got their attention

Ditto thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty deary ol'coot View Post
    great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks ! For passing it on honcho.

You have put up with a lot, and i am very glad starline finally came through.

I really hoped that the new november delivery date was not just another put off by starline On your efforts on our behalf.

Keep em coming!

Crusty deary ol'coot

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks thx997303, for that good news.
    I know you must be very tired of this ordeal. Several of us have been very verbal about Starline's treatment of this order. Please know that none of the negative was intended toward you.
    Your intentions were honorable, and your restraint is admirable.
    Don't let this experience keep you from trying to again help the rest of us.
    Thanks again from all of us involved.

Boolit Master
    Yes to Moldmakers comments!!!!!!!

I'm one of the verbal ones, being an Ol'Coot and around the block a few times, I'd agree the Honcho's "restraint is admirable."

Above and beyond!

Can recall teaching a photography course at Wash. State Univ. years back and many of the students new course books were falling apart, basically from day one. I was on the publisher to get them replaced like "white on rice."

Guess we have all learned a bit here. Not all companies are admirable in their business practices, and it appears Starline is well up on that list.

AS I've said or indicated a number of times, timely communications on their part would have gone a long ways in smoothing the waters.

WHY WOULD THEY NOT DO THAT?

$100 - 200 may not be a ship sinker to some folk, but to me it is a sizable amount of money, and not something I loose or waste give away without thought or good reason.

I for one will remember this and avoid any future connection to direct dealings with this company, as well as warning others to keep their heads up and their money close.

BIG STAR TO THE HONCHO!!!!

Keep em coming!

Very Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Thanks thx997303, for that good news.
    I know you must be very tired of this ordeal. Several of us have been very verbal about Starline's treatment of this order. Please know that none of the negative was intended toward you.
    Your intentions were honorable, and your restraint is admirable.
    Don't let this experience keep you from trying to again help the rest of us.
    Thanks again from all of us involved.
    you said it for me moldmaker .
    thank you .. thx997303 ..
    and starline , well ,,,it's about time,,
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Master

Alright, the brass is in my hands.

I'm in the process of boxing up the brass so it can be shipped out.

It will be a bit of a slow process, I do have a family and a job that will be getting in the way a bit.

The brass is quality Starline, what else is there to say?
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    ... what else is there to say?
    Thx, being a honcho sometimes is a time consuming process for the benefit of many. They are to be commended, including yourself. You did a big favor for many shooters

And for the folks that moaned about several months...
    I honchoed a mold for about 100 shooters that hadn't seen the light of day for close to 50 years. There are 3 known originals of the mold in the US. Start to finish cutting the mold - the process was close to 2 years!
    Regards
    John

. thank 's for dealing with this deal SIR
    Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    Alright, the brass is in my hands.

I'm in the process of boxing up the brass so it can be shipped out.

It will be a bit of a slow process, I do have a family and a job that will be getting in the way a bit.

The brass is quality Starline, what else is there to say?

Boolit Master
    I would personally like to thank Jeramiah for the unnecessary grey hair he may have developed over this past 6 months... not sure I would have wanted to be the honcho for this particular GB.

THANX!

Boolit Master

thx997303,,,,
    i bet your glad this ordeal with starline is finally coming to an end, and your life can return to it's "pre-starline" state.
    i would like to thank you for sticking with us even though some were a tad "grouchy" ( myself included) about the way starline handled things.
    thank you ,,,sir.
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Master

CDOC

Honcho,
    After all of this thanks just doesn't seem to be enough, but thanks and we appreciate the time and trouble you had to go through for us. I had switched gears a while back and you can send my brass last to get the guys who may need this brass now their hands on it that little bit faster.
    sb

Boolit Grand Master

Praise the Lord. I thought for sure, that Starline would delay again. That's why I didn't check this morning.
    Yesterday I was informed that I would again loose employment, by the first of the year. Then the range I scrounge, decided, to collect the brass and lead, for their own sales. I didn't want another disappointment, so I resisted the urge to open this site.
    This turns out to be a much better day. I even think I'll look for another part time job.
    Jeramiah, you have the gratitude of all those involved.

Boolit Master
    I really hope you guys all got a great price on this brass for all the hassle you had to endure.

It's been so long i forgot what i even paid LOL

Boolit Man

thx997303,

You can send my brass in the last batches if needed... My friends and I have enough to make it to & thru (if needed) the firearm deer season here in Michigan.

THANKS! for being the honcho, you sure picked a tough one to volunteer for. I'm really glad that you did... I was able to afford more brass than if I had ordered on-line.

I appreciate your efforts in the whole ordeal. I don't think anyone ever anticipated this would be so painful. I'm sorry if my frustration added to any stress you may have felt. Leason learned about all this. Thank you
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Boolit Master

First, thanks for the appreciation guys.

Second, I'm pissed. My wife and I hand counted every piece of brass in the boxes I received.

Out of a 10,500 pieces of brass ordered, I received 10,315 pieces of brass.

That means I only got 15 of my 200 pieces ordered.

Good news for you guys, all of your brass is in the boxes, ready for shipping labels.

At this point, after the wait, and the earlier promised dates that came and went, I'm looking for some restitution. Starline WILL be hearing from me first thing tomorrow.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Give 'em hell.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    First, thanks for the appreciation guys.

Second, I'm pissed. My wife and I hand counted every piece of brass in the boxes I received.

Out of a 10,500 pieces of brass ordered, I received 10,315 pieces of brass.

That means I only got 15 of my 200 pieces ordered.

Good news for you guys, all of your brass is in the boxes, ready for shipping labels.

At this point, after the wait, and the earlier promised dates that came and went, I'm looking for some restitution. Starline WILL be hearing from me first thing tomorrow.
    If you need to do so, open my box and take 15% of it for yourself. Do not be stuck for nothing with this buy that has gone on far too long for you.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast