Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Starline 45-70 brass group buy.

Boolit Master
    Thanks thx997303!!!!

May not be a great word, but is info that we didn't have.

I can deal with that. In fact could deal with even longer just as long as Starline is forth coming with info.

Thanks for checking!!

Besides, my current supply of Starline brass did help me take my special season anterless elk a couple days ago!

A huge barren cow, down at 7:10am the first morning.

That 465gr cast boolit from one of Bruce's molds is awesome!

Then the work really started. Sure glad I had some good, YOUNGER!! and willing help with a big cooler!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Buddy

Can Anyone Help ?

Been following this GB for some time. Never thought I'd own a 45-70. While cruising different sites last week I ran across a Marlin 1895CB in 45-70 that was priced low enough that I just couldn't pass it up.

Question is for some of the larger buyers on this group buy--Is anyone in a position that they could allow me to get 100-300 pcs. from them--or--100 at a time from different people.

I know this is getting drug out for all of you and you do have my sympathies--don't mean to jump in at such a late date but I really had no use for the brass until now.

Thanks in advance to anyone that thinks they could spare some and if not I do hope you get your brass ASAP.

Steve

Boolit Master
    ia1727,

Ya might try Buffalo Arms Co. in Ponderay, Idaho. There are on the web and have been good to deal with.

Last time I checked and bought from them, it was way less then Cabela's or Midway.

Just took my second cast boolit critter with a 45/70 this past Monday, Aug 1st, on a limited area special season here in Ideeeeho.

Huge barren cow elk.

These 45/70s are awesome!

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Boolit Man
    ia1727,

wideners sells the brass for $24 per 50 pieces. They occasionally put them on sale for $22.

You can also buy the brass direct from Starline for $110 for 250 pieces (free shipping).

By the time you cover someone's cost in the GB, plus the shipping to get it to you, you'll probably be pretty close to these prices.

-Joe

Boolit Master
    I just visited Starline's site and saw this:
    "45-70 Brass (Large Rifle primer) 2.095"-2.102" O.A.L. (Backordered expected availability: 10/07/2011 ) "

I sure hope we're not in that delivery category!
    Keep us in the loop...

Boolit Mold
    Thanks again for running the group buy, but any new information that you receive will certainly be appreciated. Thanks.

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=Crusty Deary Ol'Coot;1353194]of us.

AS I recall, they gave a delivery date to the Honcho waaaay back when, which they did not honor, and since then have been mum with hard fast facts about delivery.

What my concern is, was the delivery date they gave, for the Group Buy order or for any and all orders pre-existing to ours. I am not upset about the length of time, I would just like for a Starline representative tell our Honcho " your order is scheduled for 00/00/00." I can't believe as well known as they are, and as much brass as they sell, they would not want to keep their customers 'somewhat happy'.
    My mother always said I was the Flower of the Family, The Blooming Idiot

Boolit Grand Master

That's what happens sometimes, when ya out grow ya britches. Starline obviously has more to do than they can produce. It comes with the territory when your recognized as the best.
    That's still a piz poor excuse for poor communications.

45-70 brass not available till Oct. 50-90 not available till Nov. This is starting to get beyond ridiculous. I've heard they have contracts with the military to serve. If this is true than they are forgetting the little guy that has put them where they are. Not impressed with their customer service. Just tell us the truth. Hope this isn't turning into a shortage like 3 years ago.
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Anybody in on this group buy that would be interested in taking ownership of my 200 pieces please send me a PM. If you are willing to wait (I am wayyy too fed up with this **** to wait anymore and have already bought my brass elsewhere) we can work something out where you send the honcho the money for the brass and once he has received your funds, he sends me back my money, takes my name off the list and puts you in my place. After this experience, I will never send funds for any GB unless there is product physically in hand ready for delivery. They don't ask for money on GB molds until they are going to the mill, this should not be any different.

Jeff
    Last edited by Trapaddict; 08-13-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    A woman has the last word in any argument.
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

Boolit Master
    starline,,,,starline,,,, starline,,,, thx9 you should be more than a little "peeved", i know i would be but it ain't your doing i for one thank you for doing this for us .
    hang in there buddy.
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Master

Trapaddict,

If you would like to sell your share, this is how it will need to happen.

You line up a buyer, You take payment, and You send me the the information as to where the brass will be going.

I'm sorry you don't like the way I proceeded with this buy, but after speaking with other members who have run many successful group buys, and contemplating for weeks just how to go about it, I decided that the way I proceeded was going to be the best situation for all parties involved.

If you disagree with my methods, feel free to not participate in any group buys I may host in the future.
    I can assure you, the frustration you feel is quite minimal in comparison to the frustration I feel.

Your share in this group buy is what? $82?

Keep in mind the nearly $4,000 paid by the members of this group buy is entirely MY responsibility.

To everyone else, thanks for being patient.
    Last edited by thx997303; 08-16-2011 at 06:25 PM.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Boolit Master
    Hello thx997303,

I can sure understand your feelings of frustration and think they are well deserved!

I feel for you!! Try to keep a smile in place.

I see by the Starline web site that their expected date for 45/70 is now October 7, 2011.

Seems it goes back and back and just continues to go back.

I guess I wonder if is this is for recent orders or does that apply to our order which according to what you passed on to us after the group buy was closed, should have happened a couple months back or so.

--- What exactly do they tell you, or do they just avoid the issue by not saying anything? ---

As I have indicated before, I can deal with facts. I may not always like them, but I can deal with them and adjust, but a company who does not or will not communicate with me soon forces me to put them in the negative column and take everyone I possibly can with me.

CASE IN POINT --- I visited an area steel supplier today, to return some steel from a fabrication project gone bad. While there, I warned the people at the business to not deal with this person/contractor unless doing so with cash up front.

On the other hand, the steel supplier and a gal called, "Sam" have bent over backwards through the entire time to help and provide service, up to and including phone calls to let me know of dates which affected the returning of the un-needed steel.

Now that is customer service and you can bet I'll ask for Sam, if and when I am needing more steel, while on the other hand I WILL shy away from this other person, no matter how good the deal sounds.

It is called customer service. It is not always easy, pleasent or cheap, but it in large part what a company is built upon.

If, for example, it is a supplier problem for their raw brass, for goodness sakes folks. Just be up front and say so!

AS I have said before, they could simply post those issues on their web, instead of just moving the delivery dates back and back and ------------ all the while still taking orders.

That would save you and us a lot of questioning and go a good distance toward promoting good customer relations.

Just don't keep taking orders and then not filling them as promised.

Hang in there Honcho, we are, at least most of us, with you.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
    Last edited by Crusty Deary Ol'Coot; 08-17-2011 at 10:26 PM.

I guess most of the frustration is hearing others who have ordered sm orders and have received their brass .This keeps getting PUSHED BACK , has there been a real date promised by a person at starline ?? The amount of each members purchase isnt important here this was a big order and we are all waiting .we ALL APPRECIATE THE work and time the honcho has put into this !! my boolits are pileing up they need a home
    Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    Trapaddict,

You line up a buyer, You take payment, and You send me the the information as to where the brass will be going.

I'm sorry you don't like the way I proceeded with this buy, but after speaking with other members who have run many successful group buys, and contemplating for weeks just how to go about it, I decided that the way I proceeded was going to be the best situation for all parties involved.

If you disagree with my methods, feel free to not participate in any group buys I may host in the future.
    I can assure you, the frustration you feel is quite minimal in comparison to the frustration I feel.

Keep in mind the nearly $4,000 paid by the members of this group buy is entirely MY responsibility.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thx997303 View Post
    Trapaddict,

I can live with those terms thx997303 and no, I have no issues with your methods. I have issue with lack of any concrete information after my money and I parted company.

Anybody out there willing to wait until October for 200 pieces of Starline 45/70 brass? Please drop me a PM and I'll have the Honco send you my 200 allocated pieces once I have received your $82. Look at the bright side, your money will only be tied up for 2 months instead of 6
    Last edited by Trapaddict; 08-16-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    A woman has the last word in any argument.
    Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

Moderator Emeritus

For most of us the bright side is the price beats the $36.50 for 50 pieces of Remington at a local "discount" store. I am not happy about the wait but not whining either.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    i don't have a beef with honcho thx, (it's a don't shoot the messenger thing .).
    if everyone involved in this g/b who like me have voiced their opinions on this subject on this post would e-mail starline expressing their dissapointment with their apparent lack of interest in selling brass .
    i doubt they have some big "military " contract to fill (come on which country shoots 45-70 anymore) if raw materials are their problem or lack of workers ,well change supplier and hire more folks.
    my only 45-70 i own is a 1873 trap and i have tons of rounds loaded with various smokeless but ordered this new brass for b/p as i have never shot any and was wanting to load as per wolfes book on the cartridge, my range is closed cos a tornado flattened it a couple of months ago so i have'nt used any up to reload in b/p and was hopeing to have the new brass for when it reopens but i guess i'll have to tear some of my smokeless down to use for b/p as this starline problem isn't going to end anytime soon.
    come on starline give us the brass,,, you have our money we want our brass.
    i'm gonna e-mail them every night after work and bitch ,bitch, bitch... you just watch me,,, if you got time to post here then e-mail starline also , im gonna.
    it probably won't do any good but it will make me feel better.
    once again thanks thx for doing this it ain't your fault but starline have lost alot of my past respect i had for them .
    when it is available they should throw in an xtra 10 rounds per 100 for the inconveniance they have caused if they want to keep my future biz.
    this is my just my woke up,,, still half asleep rant for the day .
    yall have a great wednesday. adrian,,,
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Master
    Morn'in all you Starline 45/70 group buy watchers.

I have spoken with Starline twice this morning and the problem with the order, pure and simple is the size of the order, which was LARGE.

Just to clear up one question which has been floating around on some items and production, STARLINE IS HAVING NO RAW MATERIAL SUPPLY PROBLEMS THAT WOULD EFFECT 45/70 BRASS PRODUCTION!

It sounds like that could be a factor for some things, but again, this is not an issue with our order for the 45/70. They have or can get plenty.

The "best" guess date for filling this order is October 7th, 2011. It is possible it could happen before that date, BUT ------------- doesn't sound hopefull.

I sent Starline an "E" this morning, and they were back with me by phone within an hour. Seems they are doing their best to keep their customers up to date.

Apparently, orders of the size of this group buy normally take a number of months to fill. This is apparently normal, again due to the size of the order.

Starline is still dealing with the abomanation effect, which it seems was even larger then the hill & billery situation. In short, for the last 3 years or so, the orders have been beyond capacity and it seems, are not slowing down to any degree.

Anyway, our order is there, THANKS HONCHO, good job!!!!!!!, Starline is aware of it and trying.

The rep I spoke to indicated they had rec'd at least one other communication about this order, so they know we are interested.

Seems if there was any miss communication, it might??? have been, the possibility that STARLINE needed to stress, put in large black letters with bright flashing lights The fact that this sized order takes well more then the normal time to fill.

OK, with that said and the information I rec'd, I can relax and let it play out.

Hope this helps out the rest of the group buy folk. Communication is good!

Hang in there HONCHO, we're still with ya.

Keep em coming!

CRusty Deary Ol'Coot

Ordered some 32HR brass and asked about the 45-70 issue. What I understood was they have different priorities. Our order is bigger and smaller than those that get a higher priority and they do process the request as they come in. We just happen to in a bad spot. The lady was very polite and seemed forth right with the information, so I went ahead and placed the order for 32H&R.
    I can use the brass now. I can get enough brass to tide me over. I can save money now and forever so I am still happy with the cost / savings of this group buy. Starline though is a different story and I may never order anything from them again unless it is ready to ship as the 32H&R brass was supposed to be.

Just switch projects if you have not already and take a deep breath. The money you saved on this purchase is still money saved. Now after Oct, I surely will be upset and do everything in mine and the webs power to put a boot up ole Starline if they don't come through! Yet it is still money saved
    sb

Boolit Grand Master

I had a similar experience with Starline quiet a few years ago. I ordered .44mag brass and the order was accepted and paid for. 2 months later I found that they had back ordered all .44 cal Mag brass for over 5 months. When I called to complain, a rep called me back to explain the situation. If I remember correctly She was a relative of the owners or one of them. She gave me no satisfaction and thought my complaint was out of order. She was indignant, and I demanded my money back.
    Our honcho, has acted in good faith, and found himself in the middle of this mess, not of his making.
    You can take it to the bank, that this is the last time, I will ever do any business with STARLINE, either personally, or through others.
    There is no excuse for Starline treating any customer this way, no mater what size the order.
    The company I worked with, for nearly 40 years, stayed #1 because of quality and honesty in production dates. We almost always shipped, with a guarantee of quality, before the advised date, no matter the size of the order.
    To knowingly accept a paid order, with no intention of shipping on the expected date, is borderline fraud. Not inform the customer (our honcho) , of any unexpected delays, is irresponsible, and disrespectful. Starline is guilty on all counts.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast