Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Johnson's Paste Wax (grey)

Boolit Master

Johnson's Paste Wax (grey)

Having heard that grey Johnson's Paste Wax does not work as well as brown, and having purchased a couple cans of brown at my local hardware store, I thought I had better go in and buy another can.

I got it home and opened it up. To my dismay, it was grey.

When using JPW in 45/45/10 mixture as lube what differences if any have you seen? Thanks.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

In Remembrance
    I haven't found any difference whatsoever--and I'm as superstitious as they come about things like this.

They (SC Johnson) removed the "beige" dye from the mix is all.

I've made up several batches of lube with the "new" stuff and there is no difference at all.

Boolit Master
    Great news, thanks Recluse.

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

In Remembrance
    No problem, my friend.

I HAD to mix it up and find out anyhow--I'd come home from the home improvement store with something like six cans. An hour later, my wife comes home and says, "Honey, I picked up something for you when I was at Lowe's."

It was four more cans of JPW.

Ten cans of the new stuff. I had to be sure.

Boolit Master
    Our wives treat us better than we deserve don't they. Mine punctured a tire going to work today, and said she was going to check with the service station regarding wheel weights, again. Just glad she is safe though!

exile

Boolit Master
    My wife brought home half a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights today. Thanks dear.

exile

Boolit Master

Couple years ago Julie went to town for some grub. Came home and said " hey "
    They had a lawn sale and I found this! do you need/want it ? It cost $25.00
    65 # of never used roof flashing, all in a nice neat roll.
    OH OK-- guess I can do sumthin with it, SMILE,SMIRK, RING HANDS together.
    Yup-- got to love em.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    My wife brought home half a 5 gallon bucket of wheel weights today. Thanks dear.

exile
    I have nothing whatsoever to contribute to this thread as lube goes, but I just wanted to add that someone should consider carving a statue of this fine woman and displaying it prominently in a heavily populated area.

Banned

I think J&J put that beige die in there all along to make it look "natural" and conceal the fact that it's like 90% petroleum based. Marketing psychology, wouldn't you agree JD?

Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H View Post
    I have nothing whatsoever to contribute to this thread as lube goes, but I just wanted to add that someone should consider carving a statue of this fine woman and displaying it prominently in a heavily populated area.
    I agree 100%. If we could all be so lucky.
    Μολών Λaβέ!

"Since you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of
    freedom - I'll go from you in peace...Enjoy licking the hands that feed you. May your chains sit lightly
    upon you, and may posterity forget that I was your countryman." - Samuel Adams

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    I think J&J put that beige die in there all along to make it look "natural" and conceal the fact that it's like 90% petroleum based. Marketing psychology, wouldn't you agree JD?

Gear
    Yep, though I suspect the dye was more to mimic the look of natural wood so as not to scare off first-time users.

The new grey look. . . well, you have to have some faith in the brand/product before you'd smear it on your "new" antique dresser or new bedroom set.