WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old Texas Expression

Egads!

Some people's lives lack adversity sufficient to keep them properly focused with regard to priorities, and how to spend their too plentiful idle time.

As my Grandfather used to say:

"An idle mind is the Devil's workshop."

For those of you who come here to discuss even complex issues regarding casting, sizing, etc., many thanks! You have greatly shortened my learning curve in this endeavor. While I don't use every technique I read here, I often use them as a starting point to see what does and does not work for me; something which has saved me a lot of time and grief over time. For that reason I log onto this website nearly every day and certainly every time I get on the net.

As someone else once said:

"As soon as you stop growing, you begin to rot."
    Last edited by Cadillo; 02-14-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    There is some ammo and more ammo. There is never enough ammo!

Boolit Buddy
    If some one is seriously interested in learning the many varied aspects of this hobby (obsession in my case according to the better half) like I was and still am, time needs to be spent learning before doing. To me that amounts to reading and researching. If after exhausting available resouces and not finding an answer, then ask the questions.

I spent over two years (including lurking) reading almost every day here before attempting to pour my own last October. After my grade school education here, I was prepared to pour my own when I did. From clip on wheel weights to boolits, the whole process went without a hitch due to CB. I had never given thought about boolits prior to finding CB. Now after pouring my own, I have to learn the many finer details of this hobby so I keep reading.

From what a person can learn here just by reading, I believe the quality and quantity learned easily surpasses a 4-year college level education. Even though I might be able to learn a college level education here, I don't believe for a minute that I could ever learn it all. That being said, I will continue to read and learn. And when I can't find an answer, I will ask because members here are more than willing to help.

Boolit Master

I have to admit, I have been guilty of some of the accused posters, that have worrie much about nothing. Before I started casting, I spent several months reading, reading and reading some more. Once I actually started casting, despite the research and knowledge I thought I knew, I still had a LOT of questions. I really appreacited the help I recieved, and still do, from this forum. If I can help a NOOB, I will, if for no more reason than to repay the help that was given to me. The knowledge was freely given, so why not return the favor.

I have come to respect a lot of the guys on this forum, because they take the time to help. Without helping and answering the seemingly meaningless questions, this forum would suck. Because so many help us out, this forum gets so many members and so many hits.

Bottom line, keep helping, and try to keep the misinformation to a minimum, by speaking up, politically correct, or not.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234