WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sounds Silly but I will ask anyway

Sounds Silly but I will ask anyway

Does anyone have a old mold they do not want to give to me for free?

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Does anyone have a old mold they do not want to give to me for free?
    By old mold, are you talking about bullet molds or mushrooms?
    Just kidding.
    What type and caliber are you after?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've got lots of them I do not want to give you for free! You're welcome!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Longwood View Post
    By old mold, are you talking about bullet molds or mushrooms?
    Just kidding.
    What type and caliber are you after?
    Looking for a mold or mould for my 303 British, out of work and on a fixed income really sucks, Time to put pride aside and just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I've got lots of them I do not want to give you for free! You're welcome!
    Understand completely, thanks.

On Heaven's Range

I have a LEE special-order mould for the .303 which should work for you. It has handles, as do all the LEEs except the 6-cavity ones.

It's a "316-220", which casts rather large in diameter by design. Those .303 barrels are often oversize, so "fat is good". As you might guess from the numbers, it's also heavy at a nominal 220 grains. All good for .303 rifles!

Not long ago, I bought an NOE 4-cavity mould for my .303s, and the 316-220 now seems surplus to my needs.

Send me your mailing address in a Private Message and I will get it off to you. No charge.

...and yes, you ARE welcome! It'll be good to have someone using it, instead of it gathering dust.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    I have a LEE special-order mould for the .303 which should work for you. It has handles, as do all the LEEs except the 6-cavity ones.

It's a "316-220", which casts rather large in diameter by design. Those .303 barrels are often oversize, so "fat is good". As you might guess from the numbers, it's also heavy at a nominal 220 grains. All good for .303 rifles!

Not long ago, I bought an NOE 4-cavity mould for my .303s, and the 316-220 now seems surplus to my needs.

Send me your mailing address in a Private Message and I will get it off to you. No charge.

...and yes, you ARE welcome! It'll be good to have someone using it, instead of it gathering dust.
    Thanks for your kindness and may God Bless you.

You guys are the greatest! May God Bless you all!!!!

Longwood
    Quote Originally Posted by brstevns View Post
    Looking for a mold or mould for my 303 British, out of work and on a fixed income really sucks, Time to put pride aside and just ask.
    I have been "There" a couple of times. I have a 30 cal Lee rifle mold but it casts 308 so I don't think it would work in the 303. I have some 311 bullets that were pulled from some military brass but it is full jacket. It may be too big for your 303. It would not do very well for putting meat on the table unless it is pretty small and easy to kill. You can have it if you want it. If you do, send me a private message with an address.

Thumbs up

This site does have alot of good guys and gals!

I SHOOT MORE FOR LESS

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible,With Liberty and Justice for all.

Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

GAS--> $1.55--1-18-09

Boolit Master
    You're a good man Bruce.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by beanflip View Post
    This site does have alot of good guys and gals!
    That is quite the understatement!

About last September I got in on a group buy for a 5 cav NOE clone of 311365. A mold I wanted very much and the waiting began. On the second of December I broke my knee in three places, a week or so later I posted in the thread that I was going to have to drop out of the group buy, there would be no pay checks for me for a while.

Not long after it was posted that the molds would be shipping soon. I cried in my coffee every morning, I really wanted that mold. Oh well, can't have everything you want.

One day I open the mail box and there is a package, I was a bit confused because I hadn't ordered anything. I open it up and there is a NOE 311365 5 cav. Not only the mold but a letter and cash also, the generous folks in that thread had taken up a collection to buy the mold. They actually collected too much and split the overage between the CastBoolits site and myself.

I've got about 70 molds, wouldn't take much to figure out which one is my sentimental favorite. Not until yesterday did I get to take bullets from that mold to the range in my 308. The groups were almost as beautiful as the mold and many of the people at CastBoolits.

The letter listed the folks that contributed but there is no need to list them here. I have no doubt that not a single one of them did it for recognition, they did it simply because that’s the sort of folks they are.

That’s the sort of folks that congregate here at CastBoolits. So yes, that is an understatement.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    That right there is part of the reason that man has a "Golden Boolit" and a well deserved award to say the least.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned

Stick it out OP! Im on a fixed income too its a biatch, but you'll get there. Took me forever, like over a year to get set up to load the .40, but Ive got all the tools together. The damn thing still leads the bore tho, I gotta get another hundred for the gunsmith now. Hopefully it will work then. Point is, dont give up.

Boolit Master

We may shoot bullets made lead,
    but the people on this forum are made of Gold.
    Hang in there, things turn around.

GW
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

I cannot beleive the kindness of the people on this site. Makes one believe that there is hope for man kind. God bless and Good Shooting to all!!!!

Boolit Master
    Hang in there OP! Things always have a way of working out. Been in your shoes before so I know what you're going through.

For health reasons I'm semi-retired (at 58) and work a part-time gig at a college, sort of their resident "tinkerer" in the laboratory workshops (free access to machine tools in return for building and maintaining the lab apparatus'). Bottom line is not a great cash flow at this point of my life, but that just means I gotta be more creative! When life deals you lemons, make lemonade!

Boolit Master

Talking

Great gesture BruceB!!!

Boolit Buddy
    The folks on this forum are some of the best I've associated with. I was forced into retirement a year ago w/three herniated discs. I'm trying to figure out how to live a champagne life on a beer budget. It's great that there are still people who care about others. This forum is at the top of my list of favorites and I've not been a member long.
    GO WVU MOUNTAINEERS!--Hey, our mascot carries a muzzleloader.
    ---------------------------------
    Professional Critter Chaser
    ---------------------------------
    I love wildlife, it tastes great!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The folks on this forum are some of the best I've associated with. I was forced into retirement a year ago w/three herniated discs. I'm trying to figure out how to live a champagne life on a beer budget. It's great that there are still people who care about others. This forum is at the top of my list of favorites and I've not been a member long.
    I can't believe how great eveyone has been to me. I was a furiture repairman and refinisher for over 40 years. Then I got sick , things got bad and went down hill from there. I will keep the Faith and I know things will get better.

Thats my Lab (Gunner) in the pic, he wants to thank everyone as well for bringing a smile to his Fathers face and a tear to his eyes.
    Last edited by brstevns; 05-08-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast