Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Recomend Boolit Lube

Recomend Boolit Lube

Can anyone recomend a lube for my future casting endevors. I plan on starting to cast for .40s&w using ww. I have the old lyman 45 sizer just not sure which lube would suit me best. Most of my loads are real light, basicaly punching holes in paper, but would like a well rounded lube so that if and when I start working up the loads I can use the same lube. Also alot of my shooting is in doors, so is there a brand or mix that tends to smoke less than others. Thanks in advance.

Craig

Boolit Grand Master
    A lot of us make our own lubes, but if you'd rather buy the lube, check the link at the bottom of this page:

Lar45's LsStuff

He is a member of this forum and from visiting his web site, I don't see how you can beat his prices.

Super Moderator

.............Ditto the above. I like the Carnauba Red lube. It does require a little heat to flow, but it doesn't take a lot of heat like some others. Considering what some places are getting for lube, Lar45 is practicly giving it away.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

+1 for lar45s carnauba red!!!!
    ive cleaned my 450 sizer out for the last time!!!!

i heat my 450 up to100f with heat lamp &go to work.
    if melting temp enters into the pic. its 150f
    on the lube i have.
    Last edited by GP100man; 12-21-2006 at 11:57 PM. Reason: add on

In Remebrance

Although I hope to try Lars stuff and Bullshops stuff, I've been very happy with plain ol' 50/50 alox/beeswax available from multiple suppliers. I also hope to try Felixs' home made concoction one day, but when I last bought the 50/50 I bought 4 doz sticks, and that's going to last me a while yet.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Bret, just modify most of that 50-50 yourself, or send it to Lars and ask him to do it, or just exchange it with him. Somewhere around here I have 20 or more sticks of the old Tamarack 50-50. Why I haven't remixed it by now is beyond me. Maybe because it is buried somewhere. ... felix
    felix