RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Sad Day (I am Diminnished ) Greatly

Unhappy Sad Day (I am Diminnished ) Greatly

Had to put one of the pack down this mrning ! We have / had 5 Basset hounds from the same mother ! The oldest male Browning ( Bubby ) was having short respirations and wnt in to the vet this morning at 8:00 and was put down shortly after . The prognosis was not good , Either heart disease or Limphatic Cancer . Either way I could not let my Buddy suffer in this manner just to ease my pain . I Know he went to a better place with no hurt and missery . And he will be with my Mom and her dog Scooter A 17 year old Jack russel Terrier / Daschund cross Causing problems for them now ! HE WILL BE MISSED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by blaser.306; 05-06-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Spelling ( due to greif )

Moderator Emeritus

I understand and share your grief, we just lost the last of our three dogs within the past month. It is good to know Bubby didn't suffer needlessly and is in a better place. I feel your pain my friend.

Dean D.
    "The worst wheel of the cart makes the most noise." - Benjamin Franklin

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." - Thomas Jefferson

My 15 yr old "at my feet" dog passed on three months back.it will be a strange summer without her.My friends dad said you get one good wife an one good dog an that's its.At least i had a good dog<G> Sometimes i swear i still see her greeting me as i pull up the driveway from work.

HMP

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    You only get one good wife BUT So far I have had 2 great dogs and I am sure there are many here who can raise that # a lot higher.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Stay strong Blaser and keep moving forward. My condolences to you and your family.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Well so far in my 60 plus years I have had 7 good dogs and 1 good wife that was murdered two since only hung on to me long enough to qualify for some money from me one more than the other.
    I sit here and am looking at my current pup that has been with me for 6 years and I do understand losing a good dog.
    I have had to put two down over the years never easy but sometimes it has to be done.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear that news Blaser. I know how you feel about man's best friend.

Boolit Master
    Condolences, lost our big dog not long ago, he passed away peacefully in his sleep with his head on a throw pillow, which saved us from making the decision to put him down. He had appeared to be making a strong recovery but that was not to be.

Boolit Grand Master
    It hurts.

Fortunately, they are never forgotten, and there is room and love for another dog.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    My Maddie (an Australian heeler) has been with me since I left Iraq in 2003. I have cried to her and she has comforted me in my sleep. I have broken off two engagements with women who did not share my love for that dog. I dread the day I have to do what you have done, and I understand your pain. GOD bless you and your friend and let comfort and peace come to you both.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.