Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: $20 smelting burner set up....

Boolit Master

$20 smelting burner set up....

...well, sort of. I ordered mine a few weeks ago, works great, and today I received a promo code from Bass Pro for a $10 gift card with my next purchase. I don't anticipate ordering anything, but if anyone needs the cooker, here's the link - still on sale http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...05245/-1631022 And here's the promo code! Enter promo code 04WLCMGC at checkout. First come first served, and I bet it only works for one order. Enjoy!
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Boolit Grand Master
    That will do a great job of smelting your WW's ! Good buy ! !

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered it and ended up redeeming all of my BPS points (which I never planned to use) and got the fryer for $6 including shipping. The code did not work over the phone, but the CSR indicated that phone and internet codes are different, so it may still work. Either way, I'm happy for $6.

Boolit Master on Heaven's Range
    Quote Originally Posted by ***ooptimax200 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered it and ended up redeeming all of my BPS points (which I never planned to use) and got the fryer for $6 including shipping. The code did not work over the phone, but the CSR indicated that phone and internet codes are different, so it may still work. Either way, I'm happy for $6.
    I notice you joined just last month so in case you haven't read it yet.... you still need a different pot. The aluminum one that I see comes with it should be donated to the kitchen. They don't hold up to smelting temps and are dangerous when full of molten lead. Oh yeah....Welcome to the madness Regards....Bill
    "HMMMM.........It wasn't spos'ta do THAT!"

Boolit Master

I just recently got this very burner and it works great. The only thing I am considering changing is the height of the burner to get it closer to the pot..

Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    I already swapped out the factory thru-bolt on the burner with a much longer bolt so that I could adjust the height. I just used a long 1/4" bolt and drilled the bottom of the burner out to accept it, otherwise I believe it's a M6 bolt. Enjoy!

Boolit Master

Same exact burn that I have been using for close to 1,000 lbs. and no issues at all. Melts fast, burns great! I paid the same plus shipping.

I also got a Lodge 5 quart dutch oven with the bale handle for $30 from WalMart and I am keeping the clean aluminum pot, strainer and thermometer in case I ever want to do a fish fry.

Best of both worlds. Great buy at $29. At $20 or even $6 it is amazing!

Bill, thanks, I appreciate the tip. I will most likely give the aluminum pot to someone in my family and build my own. I am somewhat overly cautious and do not even trust a cast iron cooking pot for this use, based on all that I have read. I really appreciate you watching out for me. That is why I have grown to like this site so quickly...everyone is so helpful.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    If it were me, I would seriously consider reinforcing the legs with additional metal or some bricks/blocks at strategic locations.

Might not need it, but sure looks light weight to me and a big ol' pot of 600-700 degree liquid metal tipping over is not a pretty sight to behold.

Bob
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Boolit Master
    Bob, I had the same concerns when I put mine together. So, I decided to stand on it. I'm 6'2" 225 lbs. It wasn't rock solid, but I could bounce a little on it and it didn't buckle. I figured I was good to go. The only concern I found when smelting is that the center of gravity is rather high - don't stir to hard when they're solid or you'll tip it over! I never did, but it could be done.

Boolit Man
    Hello the camp! Looks like this cooker is popular. I got mine, nib, on Craigs's List for $15 cuz I went to Tucson to pick it up. Then I went to Harbor Frt and got their $20 12 qt dutch oven. Like others, I considered the wt and tip-over potential and built a 1/2" black pipe stand. Should do the trick. See ya round the campfire. mm
    Malpais Mike