Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New stuff I found

Boolit Man

New stuff I found

Hello the camp! My current 'war' started with slugging bores and plugging cylinders on my .44-40s and .44spls. I finally have molds for both that are running pretty fair-to-middlin'. My can't-stand-prosperity arose from repeated cleaning and storing my plug gages.
    An aside: while I know these can be obtained individually, I ran into a set of plug gages, .251-.500, at Rutland, on sale for $50. Rutland is now MSC; may pay to give them a look-see.
    I decided what I needed was to have my gages ready any time; no unwrapping vci paper and wiping of WD40. I went looking for corrosion preventative and found Zerust drawer liner -- http://www.zerustproducts.com/toolbo.../drawer-liners. In a 12"x72" roll for $9, I thought I found the lode. However, their site s&h was $13; whoa. I called their cs where a helpful young lady advised me the stuff is carried by Lowe's under their Kobalt logo. Short story, I picked some up today, cut to fit my gage box, installed in lid with double-sticky tape [like carpet tape, but this is adhesive-only, used, among other things, to stick patterns on wood or stick wood together for gang-cutting] and grinned like a big dog. 'Course, I haven't seen any of it's graveyards yet, but site sez 5 yr guarantee, which makes the $8 I paid a good deal to protect the gages, even if the other 5 ft go south. Hope this is of use.

By the by, Midway email sez their 20# Lee pot is on sale for $57. May have to check it out; I read some thread about improved valve; my 12-yr-old pot leaks like a sieve. 'Course, it's been a coon's age since it's been empty.

I can't find where I read Beagle's post on his process. My .38-55 Lyman mold needs a nudge, or I need to turn the drill backwards in my Win to add some stock to the bbl. Your assistance appreciated. See ya round the campfire. mm
    Malpais Mike

Boolit Master

Wow ,,drilling backwards restores metal?????? I will have to use that one. I learnt sompin.

Boolit Man
    Yup, fr, but ya gotta hold yer tongue jes' right. Contacted Zerust, told them I rolled the balance of matl in plastic food wrap, asked if that would keep the good stuff in. They said it would; wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap, should be good to go for at least 10 yr. mm
    Malpais Mike