Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Project - PID on Lee Pro 4 20 furnace

Neat job, but I would have left more of an air gap at the bottom of the pot. That pot is going to transfer a lot of heat into the housing via that metal base-plate.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    Neat job, but I would have left more of an air gap at the bottom of the pot. That pot is going to transfer a lot of heat into the housing via that metal base-plate.
    I thought about that, and left about 1/2" space on purpose, but you are right, that might not be enough to keep the base from getting overheated. I hope to cast some bullets today or tomorrow - I will report on how it goes

Will

Boolit Mold
    Nice Job

Boolit Buddy
    Well…after trying to deal with people who….conveniently can't speaky english, trying to return a Mypin TA4 - RNR / 25a SSR package I bought on Amazon.com…….I decided to just order the Auberin SYL-2352 along with a housing and other goodies to build a PID for my LEE P4. I hope to be able to post pics in the future.

ADMIN

I never had to speak to anyone when I did the couple returns on amazon?
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by echo154 View Post
    Well…after trying to deal with people who….conveniently can't speaky english, trying to return a Mypin TA4 - RNR / 25a SSR package I bought on Amazon.com…….I decided to just order the Auberin SYL-2352 along with a housing and other goodies to build a PID for my LEE P4. I hope to be able to post pics in the future.
    I had a Mypin go bad within minutes of plugging it in. The supplier in China did not ask for a return or any quesitons. They shipped a replacement that arrived 3 weeks later.
    Good thing too as the postage on the return would have been almost as much as the cost to purchase another with "free shipping".
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Buddy
    My bad I contacted the actual shipper from the packaging material. I don't get out much…..just when I convince the DR. I'm OK!
    Last edited by echo154; 01-09-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: forgot part of message

Boolit Buddy
    Got to try the PID last weekend (Sunday) and got a fresh batch of 44Mag, 265gr boolits (Accurate 43-265F mold). Having the PID was awesome. Definitely a must have. Not only my old thermometer was off by about 40-45F (measured higher), but it was always in the way. With the PID mod, I set the temp to 750F, and casting was really easy this time, and had to flux a lot less often (probably since I never overheated the allow). Not only casting was easier, but I ended up with the lowest SD so far, at 0.3gr (average weight was about 258gr without the gas check):

This is how the loaded 44Mag round looks like with that boolit:

Will

Boolit Buddy
    Well my parts arrived today fellers…so I'm ready to start building….hop to have pics…Auberin unit is a little longer than the Mypin….the enclosure I bought from them is also a little on the small side too, but at least its well made and precut for the Auberin unit.

Boolit Buddy
    Um…..DOK say indoor lightning bad!!!! 12 v dc vs 120 v ac hmmmmm can't interchange!!!!!

Um…..DOK say indoor lightning bad!!!! 12 v dc vs 120 v ac hmmmmm can't interchange!!!!!
    which part are you talking about here My PiD converts the 120 vac input to unit to a 12vdc out put sent to the SSR contacts which in turn makes the circuit for the 120vac to the pot. Or did I misunderstand your issue...

Boolit Buddy
    I reversed the input to the SSR and POOF MY FAULT.

Boolit Master

I reversed the input to the SSR and POOF MY FAULT.
    Did the magic smoke that makes SSRs and other elecrtronic devices work come out of it?
    If so you have to get a new SSR. The magic smoke is factory installed and once the smoke leavesw the electronic component can not be fixed. Apparenty this smoke is only availble to the factories that build electronics.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    Finally got to test this out, as I truly wondered how hot the steel enclosure would get. I waited until the pot was about 700F, and held my hand as shown in the picture. The steel case was warm, of course, but I could comfortably leave my hand in there without problems:

I think it helps the enclosure has good venting:

Will

Quote Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
    Finally got to test this out, as I truly wondered how hot the steel enclosure would get. I waited until the pot was about 700F, and held my hand as shown in the picture. The steel case was warm, of course, but I could comfortably leave my hand in there without problems:

I think it helps the enclosure has good venting:

Will
    I like how you made it a combo unit. Need to figure out something similar for the 50 cal box rig I built.

Boolit Bub

You all have inspired me to build my own. Parts are on the way. I will post pics once I get everything.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bottomline View Post
    You all have inspired me to build my own. Parts are on the way. I will post pics once I get everything.
    A decision you will never regret. A PID will take one variable out of the equation.
    I have built PIDs for folks who now don't like casting or cleaning alloy without them

Also thinking about getting a pid. Does anyone have the mypin manual that frozone posted a while back. It seems he is no longer on the board. I have read through most of this thread and am looking for a simple setup for the mypin since it is 1/2 the price of the one in the op. Thanks in advance.

Moderator Emeritus

While I have no idea what frozone posted, or the model you are seeking.

I can guess you might be looking for a manual for Mypin TA4
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ff...LTQ/edit?pli=1

=====
    when I decided to built my PID, After I looked around, I went with the JLD612, as I wanted the Fahrenheit option.
    http://www.lightobject.com/JLD612-Du...oller-P43.aspx

Oh, checkout this easy to read manual !
    http://fhupiora.fhupiora.home.pl/JLD612Manual.pdf
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 02-21-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    While I have no idea what frozone posted, or the model you are seeking.

I can guess you might be looking for a manual for Mypin TA4
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ff...LTQ/edit?pli=1

=====
    when I decided to built my PID, After I looked around, I went with the JLD612, as I wanted the Fahrenheit option.
    http://www.lightobject.com/JLD612-Du...oller-P43.aspx

Oh, checkout this easy to read manual !
    http://fhupiora.fhupiora.home.pl/JLD612Manual.pdf
    I have the Rex C100, reads only in degrees C but simple and accurate, Cost about $13 shipped from china
    Just a matter of doing a F to C conversion chart using a spread sheet.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast