Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionADvertise here
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2

Thread: Looking for info on PW metallic II Press

Boolit Master

Looking for info on PW metallic II Press

Hi,
    Trying to find some info on this press. If anyone has a scanned manual,thoughts,opinions let me know! Thanks!
    Last edited by seagiant; 05-13-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Boolit Master

Seagiant,

Did you finally come up with one? I had to buy a manual for my 800b shotgun loader as they were not available anywhwere other than PW.

Boolit Master

Seagiant,

I know there are members on this forum who have P-200s. Maybe they would be kind enough to make a copy for you. -- The original manuals are available through PW, but they charge for them! Suprised...
    Jon

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well earlier I was looking for info on the PW metal matic p-200. I'm now trying to find info on this PW Metallic II Press, which to me looks like the same H-frame that they use for the shotshell reloaders that they make. I just sold my Dillon 550B on the swap forum and I'm tired of the merry-go -round and going back to pretty much single stage loading. I have not found any manual on this loader. Supposedly this loader will reload rifle or pistol ammo with ease. I have not heard much about it but everything I hear is good including the primer system! Just looking for more details on it!

Boolit Master

Sorry about that. I thought you were originally in the market for a P-200. -- Anyway, I have no experience with the Metallic II press, however I DO want one. I actually think it would be an upgrade to the old stand-by (RockChucker).

Its not a top priority on my "things to buy" list, but I will get one eventually. I have seen these on E-bay from time to time, but not as frequently as the P-200.

Again, if you put the word out there, someone who owns a Metallic II might be willing to mail you a photocopy of the manual....although I think the press and operation are pretty straight forward.
    Jon

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I talked to a gentleman at PW and he was not much help(amazing) I guess if the product sells itself people can just lay back and take it easy??? I did have a good conversation about the loader from a dealer in Jax.Fla. I was interested in the primer system and he says it works fantastic and that he uses the press for his own loadings but have yet to talk to a private owner!

I have the owners manual, CAL-die instructions, powder measure extension, price sheet, parts list, instructions for the primer speed feeder, let me know if you are still interested
    Member of Berwyn Rod and Gun Club since 1983, it is an outdoor range located in Bowie Maryland, if interested in joining call 301-261-7515 or 301-464-9830

You don't pay too much, you pay too soon

This is a eight year old post.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Hopefully, the OP has bought one by now or moved-on. If not, he has set a new record for both procrastination and patience.

Oh, and I bought one a couple years back and use it for small jobs. It is both interesting and unique.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, Varmint Hunter's Assn, ARTCA, American Legion, & the West Branch Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post
    Hopefully, the OP has bought one by now or moved-on. If not, he has set a new record for both procrastination and patience.

Oh, and I bought one a couple years back and use it for small jobs. It is both interesting and unique.
    Photos for the curious?

Boolit Master

The priming system is a bit funky but manageable. The powder measure pictured is a Quick-Measure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0186.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	253283
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, Varmint Hunter's Assn, ARTCA, American Legion, & the West Branch Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Bub
    Mine is older I guess, all the current info I've found shows a much different priming system than the one on my press. It only had the large priming set up when I bought it but I was able to get some parts from PW and made a few to get it working with small primers.
    It is funky but is handy for small test lots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180712_160925.resized.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	253287  

Vendor Sponsor

Seagiant; bought a PW Press from me and he got the manual with it.

I don't think he is still with us, as the last time I talked to him was about 3 years ago and he had some kind of Cancer.

I miss him, he was a great guy and good friend.

He was 6' 7" tall and many thought his moniker was because of that. His Moniker actually came from a Tugboat he worked on as a young Merchant Mariner. It was called "Sea Giant!"

Here's a tribute to Seagiant!

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1957apr_The Tug Boat SeaGiant.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	253336  
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

His last post was in 2017. It would be a shame if he has passed.