Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32-20 2400 115

Boolit Bub
    Anyone shooting a marlin '94 CL in 32-20 ? (w/Ballard rifling) Mine's a tack driver with jacketed (Hornady XTPs) but I can't seem to get it to shoot lead. Using a 115gr RRFP from Hunters Supply out in New Mex & recipes straight out of Lyman. Started low end, first few shots very good. After about 10 or so, accuracy drops way off. I ladder up towards the max end, same thing happens. It appears i'm leading. Powder choice doesn't make a difference.

Boolit Master
    I've tried several cast bullets, loads and powders in my 32-20s. They include Win 92s and Win 73s. The best load I've found for my carbines and rifles is: Lyman 311316 GC at about BHN 12 sized to .312 over 11.5 gr of Reloader 7.

Boolit Bub
    I must be missing something here. i'm figuring with the low velocity i'm shooting the lead with I wouldn't need a GC. I don't use checks on similar velocities in a 30-30 & .357 and have had excellent results.

Boolit Master
    Well, I have no idea exactly why you are losing accuracy and maybe leading (nor will anyone else with absolute certainty). When shooting smokeless loads even at BP vels and pressures, I've had good success with fairly soft, GC bullets…. in all calibers I shoot.

I don't know if you are missing anything or not? You said, I didn't, you are losing accuracy and probably leading after about ten shots…. Do what you like.

Undersize (for bore) boolits? Probly better to size for freebore - if there is any. Sounds like bad lube could be happening too.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Grand Master
    +1 on the undersize issue. Those are probably .312 boolits harder than a hang man's heart and you likely need .313-.314 diameter boolits to do right in your marlin..
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I don't like their 45/70 boolets, same reason, leading.

Boolit Bub
    "Undersize issue"...... thanks gents.... working on this idea also & checking back with manufacturer. will report back on this when I get some numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12