Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lube test, its warming up!

Boolit Buddy

Lube test, its warming up!

I dont know about everyone else but weather is getting warm here, and I was wondering if anyone is still thinking about last years lube test? even tho some posts got a little testy, I learned alot from the discussion. How did the Australians do through there hot season with it? DR

Boolit Master
    Those poor blokes down under were doing good to survive our winter let alone get any testing done. They had some serious issues with flooding and earth quakes.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    This next weekend at the Midwest Championship, Carols rifle will be shooting bullets lubed with Bullshop Nasa. We'll have a real good idea about how it does in 2 days of shooting. So far it's held up pretty well.
    I sent a piece of one of the new recipes to a friend in socal, and he reported good accuracy but it had a tendancy to dry fast, but hydrated back up easy enough, but he saw nothing in it that would convince him to adandon his current lube.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

I'm not sure we are going to have a hot summer here. I heard its gonna average in the 70's this year.
    I've got a whole bunch of lubes gathered up for testing this summer.

First thing I'm going to test for is accuracy of each lube, and I can do that while its still cool
    so Far I have

NASA Lube
    DGL
    SPG
    B-P Moly
    Ozokerite/ Tallow mix
    and White Lightning on the way.

Will be curious to see what everyone thats testing comes up with.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Hey Semtav, We have already had a 91 degree day with 80% humidity and that was the 3rd week of April. I wish I could go to a place with that type of summer. I know Rick Mulhern would enjoy it also. I was in Sturgis, SD in August of 1990 and you had to wear a coat at night.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

I don't think a few shots here and there with any one lube will determine much,other than to give a sense if it's something a person wants to try more indepth shooting with.
    A series of matches shot in varying conditions will be more telling on how a lube holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun shooter View Post
    Hey Semtav, We have already had a 91 degree day with 80% humidity and that was the 3rd week of April. .

25 deg last night

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by semtav View Post
    25 deg last night

88 degrees here in the daytime with 25% humidity. what Im hoping for is a lube that will work the same all day. by Aug it will be in the 100s and 10 to 15% humidity. DR

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by semtav View Post
    25 deg last night
    So far this spring, each time my corrals have dried out enough to put away the rubber boots, I have awakened to another three inches of snow.
    I'm hoping that's about to stop.
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Bring the lubes to Arizona for testing, we're already hitting single digit humidities and 90+ degree days; already hit a 100 degree day in Phoenix.
    McLintock

Carol shot the Nasa lube this weekend at Alliance, it preformed very well Friday and Saturday.
    Yesterday when the temp got to 90+ and the humidity went somewhere else to visit, she stared fouling out, but that wasn't really anything out of the ordinary there was alot of folks driving rods thru their bores trying pound the lead out.
    We're still going on with the Bullshop lube for the rest of the year and doing so happily.

Boolit Master
    Were you blow tubing?

Yes she was using the tube. I'm not sure she was hydrated enough, and I'm not really positive that in those conditions any lube was going to get by without alot of help.
    Wiping in those conditions is really about the only way to keep going without a problem somewhere along the way.

Boolit Mold

lube test

I shot at Alliance also, I started shooting on thursday, shot some friday, shot both matches sat. & sun. 148 bulootis in all I wet patch once each shot, never cleaned the gun till I got home sun. night! I took first place in scope and placed 5th over all. their score sheet did not show this because they droped my scope clase due to a computer glits, I taked to them and they said they would make it right, my lube is my own.
    Gerald C

Good shooting Gerald , there was some excellent riflemen with scopes mounted on their rifles there, and coming out on top is now small deal..

Boolit Mold

lue test

Don, I know that but certin people thought that useing blasting powder was a waste of time and told me so, so I thought I'd toot my own horn!!!! It was great to meet you, and your wife and to put a face on you so when you post I know you!
    hpe to see you in aug. at Harln's shoot.

Gerald C

Gerald yes it was good to meet you. Toot away because to come out on top of any class of shooters that show up at Alliance is quite an accomplishment.
    We're figuring to be at Big Hill and the Quigley this year, so look us up if you're there, and yes we'll be sure to look for you at Harlans .
    What did your final score end up at? We were absolutely tickled with Carols 45, especially with the wind conditions on Saturday.

Boolit Master
    Gerald shot a 52 for the two days As I recall?

26 and 26. very fine shooting indeed! Congrats.

Sunday just plumb wore me out trying spot for 3 people and shoot.

Saturday was much the same but least I could shoot Prone.

Enjoyed Alliance as always, 22's were kind to me though on Friday.

KW
    The Lunge

Kenny the a/c in the pickup sure felt good on the way home. Carol and I were both tuckered out.
    I agree spotting for more than one is almost a full time job without shooting for oneself.

Boolit Master
    AC! Our AC came down as a white blanket over the week end. We are still freezing pretty hard at night.
    Don I want to thank you for your faith and support in our product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast