WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: Uberti 1873 357 Magnum

Uberti 1873 357 Magnum

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a Uberti 1873 sporting rifle in 357 magnum. It has a 24 3/4 inch barrel. I am thinking about buying one. I would like to know if they shot good. The gun shop near me has one. Color case hardened. It looks real good. But will it shot?

LatheRunner

Boolit Buddy

I have an 1873 in 357 mag, mine is a good shooter. I am shooting a 170 gr bullet at about 1350 fps, it will shoot about 1.5 to 2 in at 50 yards. Most of that is my eyes not the rifle, I like the 1873 alot. JMHO

Rafe
    If there is nothing in your life worth dying for than you are already dead.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one in 45 long colt caliber and haven't found a load that shoots well out of it yet. To be fair, I only tried the stuff that worked for me in all my other 45 colt guns, so with some work, maybe I can find something that works.

I would think that in 357 it would be far less temperamental. The cowboy shooters like them alot and many championship rounds have been shot with the same model gun in the caliber you are considering buying.
    In these parts, often one's very life may depend on a mere scrap of information.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

The Uberti made 1873 Winchester is actually better than the original because of the metals used. The fit and finish is all top grade. I shoot the SASS cowboy events with one and love it. It has been modified for speed but they shoot very well. I have yet to find anyone who said they had a Uberti that shot bad. If you are planning on carring that rifle for any length of time it is a heavy one for sure. Most cowboy shooters favor the shorter guns. Mine is what is called the Texas Brush Popper with a 18 inch barrel 1/2 oct and 1/2 round barrel and it weighs right at 8 lbs. The 24 inch barrel models are close to 9 pounds. They are first class rifles in every way but heavy. If you are looking for a easy carry fun shooting then either go with the shorter barrel or look at the older model Rossi 92's which weigh about 6 lbs and are very accurate. It all depends on the use of the rifle.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Thanks for the information. I think I can stand the weight of the 24 in. Most of the shooting will be at the range. Now to find the rest of the money before somthing breaks and I have to spend what I have on fixing it.

LatheRunner

Boolit Bub
    I have one in .357 with long barrel, it doesn`t matter what load I use, it is accurate and point of impact doesn`t change between loads. It is heavy but fun to shoot. Nice workmanship throughout. Happy I got it.