MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: gun show find

Boolit Buddy

gun show find

went to a gun show today. picked up 50 peices of 44 mag brass for $10, 19 pieces of 30-06 brass for $2, 30 pices of 30-30 brass for $7, savage modle 24 22lr over 410 for $240, and a mosin nagant rifle with some ammo for $120.

i think i did pretty good. the savage needs some cleaning but the barrels and stock are in great shape.

and the nagot all the numbers match and is in great shape. if im reading it right 1944. nothing special but neat to have.

i think i found some good bargins.

In Remembrance
    Garage sale today
    varget and tight group powder for 12 bucks a pound.
    Primers large rifle mag and small pistol for 20 bucks a thousand.
    brass 357, 30/06, 7mm, 30/30, and 40sw small lots all for 25 bucks.
    And a sweet running husky chainsaw for 125 bucks.

Garage sale last weekend I found a cast iron lead pot and dipper with 6 large halibut and cod fishing weight molds for 20 bucks.
    One old all leather rifle case (neat looking) for 50 cents.

I think I did good the last couple weeks, we had a gun show 2 weeks ago that only got my 4 dollar entrance fee, prices were out of my league.

A model 24 in 222 or 3 over 20 guage is on my wish list.

Boolit Buddy
    You guys did well.

Gun shows are hit or miss these days. The fee's are rising as are the prices. Many time I've had better luck checking the older and/or better stocked stores for bargins and used equipment.

Isaac

Boolit Buddy
    im still shocked at the fee here in missouri. $11 to get in, in colorado it was $7. some times you hit good deal's like the last one i went to in colorado springs where 100 peices of 357 magnum brass, mixed head stamp, mostly nickle plated were $7. 1500 9mm was $60.

Watch your self with "Garage Sale" powders unless new, unopened cans. No guarantee it is what the label says if it has been opened. You could have something like this happen
    http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=112820

As far as I know there is no definite evidence that is what happened here but is one possibility.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    3 guys came to me this year 50# of shot ,2 shotguns,an sks,and a 6.5 Jap total $380 . The shot was free and he loaded it. Scored the exclusive on the company tire shop WW too 10-15# a week.

+1 on the hazards of unknown powder. Even primers for that matter , get a magnum in a full tilt/full case standard load ! A 12ga will jump 5 from a win 209 to a fed 209A.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

In Remembrance
    Powder was still sealed and primers appeared to be unopened 1000 case lots. I also picked up a full container of lyman tumbler media for 2 bucks from the same guy.