WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman all american turret parts ?

Boolit Bub
    I bought a replacement shellholder from Lyman that allows use of standard shellholders. It isn't spring retained, so you still have to use the set-screw, but there you are. If Lyman had done snap-in spring retention, would likely be using the press more often.

Something about the float you get with the spring tension versus hardmounted using set screw. Want that float so brass concentricity isn't compromised... Not like the springs are any big deal to make, could adapt it pretty easy I'm sure. Just never motivated to do so.

Boolit Grand Master
    Billy,

Good to hear that you're back up and running. Where did you find your 5/16 ball bearing and spring ?

Ben

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by edward hogan View Post
    I bought a replacement shellholder from Lyman that allows use of standard shellholders. It isn't spring retained, so you still have to use the set-screw, but there you are. If Lyman had done snap-in spring retention, would likely be using the press more often.

Something about the float you get with the spring tension versus hardmounted using set screw. Want that float so brass concentricity isn't compromised... Not like the springs are any big deal to make, could adapt it pretty easy I'm sure. Just never motivated to do so.
    I've heard of people using a hvy. rubber band. Allows the shell holder some " play " to assist in proper alignment.

Boolit Master
    Just saw your post Ben, sorry. I got the ball and spring at the Ace hardware in the next town over.

I also got the Lyman adapter for standard shellholders. I've been toying with the idea of using heat shrink tubing to hold the shellholders in place. May not be as easy as a rubber band, but could give it a little "float". I'm only going to use it for a couple of calibers anyway, so changing shellholders won't be a priority.
    Lyman 22596,225107,225353,225438,225415,225450,225646, 225462,228367,244203,245496,245497,245498,245499 RCBS 22-55-SP,22-55-FP,243-95-SP,243-100-FP, NEI 100244GC-#14, 55 224 GC-#4,225 45-#3 PB, NOE 22-055 SP,MX2-243,Saeco 221 & 243, RD TLC225-50-RF,Lee 22 Bator 6c & 2c HP. Love casting small boolits, let me know if you have one that I don't that you would part with!

Boolit Master
    how about using an "O" ring?

Boolit Grand Master
    quasi :

Yes, the " O " rings sounds like the answer to me also ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Another guy, on e bay, is selling 8 hole turrets for the All American which may be a more attractive option. I used him for a 6 hole turret for my Tru Line Jr. and am real happy I made that move!
    I just got one of his 4 hole turrets for one of my Tru-Line Jr. presses (I have 2 of them), and so far it seems to work fine. Nice workmanship on his part. That along with Lyman's shell holder adapter, and this press is ready to work with modern tooling!
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12