Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: Discount Tire Michigan

Banned

Discount Tire Michigan

I bought tires today from the Auburn Hills Discount Tire, and naturally inquired about the used WW. The (manager?) told me that it was illegal, big fine, yada yada yada. I didn't challenge him on it, they didnt bother me for open carry, and he was prolly fed a line of BS from corporate and believed it.

Yeah, I've had a couple of chain tire shops give me the same line of bull. I don't know if its out of ignorance or just company policy. I just don't waste my time stopping by those shops any more.
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Master
    Belle Tire and Discount Tire managers both told me that it was company policy that WW's were to be recycled by their suppliers (Battery Manufacturers)!

Winelover

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Belle Tire and Discount Tire managers both told me that it was company policy that WW's were to be recycled by their suppliers (Battery Manufacturers)!

Winelover
    Kanrock tire store in Lapeer has same policy, I also tried to "talk turkey" with them. I deduced that I might have gotten a better reply from the "turkey" instead!Robert

tire kindom. told me same **** wheel weight company recyled .even tried to bribe the grease monkey kid working on my co van no go

Boolit Bub
    One discount tire store here in town will give me a half bucket every now and then. The manager of the other one said no. I saved up a bunch of steel and zinc weights and talked him into a swap for lead weights. He was OK with that as long as he had something to send to the company they recycle with. He evidently has to report it each month to corporate HQ.

Boolit Buddy

About a year ago a Discount Tire manager here told me they had fired a manager in Phoenix for selling the ww instead of recycling them. He liked his job to much to deal with me, however I did find a handful in the parking lot while I was waiting to have my tires rotated.

Starbits

I asked a discount tire manager when I first started casting and he told me that the company charges a deposit on the new WW's that they buy (they have to buy from a certain source because they are a franchise). When they trade the used weights back in, they don't have to pay a deposit on the new box.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I asked a discount tire manager when I first started casting and he told me that the company charges a deposit on the new WW's that they buy (they have to buy from a certain source because they are a franchise). When they trade the used weights back in, they don't have to pay a deposit on the new box.
    Ah, the truth finally.
    So the idea about trading your scrap steel weights for their mixed bucket might work in this case.
    Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
    Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

Banned

Hey Hardcast, do you by chance shoot at the pit on roods lake road?

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by BulletFactory View Post
    Hey Hardcast, do you by chance shoot at the pit on roods lake road?
    Haven`t been there for quite some years, P.C. (pre cancer). There was a group of slob shooters making it bad for we shooters that tried to keep the place picked up. Then there were some class 3 guys that nearly got the place closed on us. I`ve got my own range and my own old gravel pit to shoot in.Robert

Boolit Master
    My son is a store manager for Discount Tire, in Southern Califunnyia.

The store is know as Americas Tire company or American Tire co in that area because of some company having the "Discount Tire" name tied up in that area.

Anyway, as of the first of the year, 2010 the company picked up all unopened boxes of WW from stores in Califunnyia and shipped them out of state to where they were still legal to use.

Open boxes were supposed to go to the recyclers.

Discusting, considering this son shot his share of cast boolits while young and at home.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot