WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WalMart handling guns again!

Boolit Master

Thumbs up WalMart handling guns again!

The WalMart that is close to me stopped handling guns about a year and half ago, noticed that they were back handling them and ask the Sporting Goods Mgr ( a friend) what the deal was. Here is what he said" the anti gun store mgr. stopped the handling of the guns and said we will make it up with fishing stuff" Well the main office (takes a long time to notice) called my friend and ask what was the deal? to make a long story short they told the store mgr that the guns would be back bt the middle of March or he would be looking for a job. My friend said the sporting goods lost way over half of there business after the guns were taken out.
    Frank G.

Moderator Emeritus

I guess I've been lucky, the Walmart I used to live close to in Chesapeake Va. carries guns and ammo, I used to buy all my bulk pack 22LR there. The one I live close to in Elizabeth City NC carries guns and ammo too, I still buy bulk pack 22LR from Walmart, the one in NC now.

Matter of fact, if I go to the Suffolk Va. Walmart, they have guns and ammo too.

Good news for you! The manager's stupid opinions began costing the corporation profits, and they noticed!
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

Boolit Master
    Out here on the Left Coast I hadn't seen guns in WalMarts for years then they built a new one in Port Angeles. Not only does it have guns, it has reloading supplies!!!

Most of them down here in the Houston area don't sell guns anymore but they do carry most popular calibers of ammo. At decent prices too. Once you get away from the cities most of them still carry guns though. The coolest Walmart and the one that had the most guns I have ever seen at a Walmart was in Anchorage, AK. Me and the Mrs. went up there last summer for a couple of weeks of camping and photography. We stopped at Wal Mart for supplies and she nearly didn't get me outta there! They even carry Helly Hansen rain gear.

Armorer

Boolit Master
    Hmmm...I wonder what the Wal-Mart bashers, on that other thread, will have to say. Especially if any of the guns or ammo are not made in America.

Our local store carries neither guns nor ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    Ours stopped carrying them and I hope like yours they start carrying them again. They carry ammo and such which is good but I'd love to see some guns back.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I'm all for the Wal-Marts carring guns, ammo, reloading supplies "wish our locals carried reloading supplies" made here or imported. I would try to buy U.S. if competitive priced as my fixed income only streatches so far.

Boolit Bub
    Out here in the Peoples Republic of California Wal-Mart could not seem to teach their employees how to complete the required paper work correctly. Several here in the north were caught in straw purchases. Simple stuff that they just should have know better!
    There is a saying out there somewhere about ya just can't fix stupid~~~I think it fit here.
    Sgt R.L.

R.A.T.S. #381
    Sgt. Red Leg
    NRA Benefactor #17260151
    SASS Life #5906
    R.A.T.S. #381
    G.A.F. #685
    Ruger Collector #9142
    M1 Garand Collecter #21959
    California Rifle & Pistol Association Life #16436

Boolit Bub
    The Walmart here in VT hasn't had guns in years. They stopped carrying them after some one who bought ammo at a Walmart in another state used it to commit a crime. They at least still have ammo.

Boolit Master
    Walmart in Williamsburg sells guns and ammo.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

The Walmart stores in CA. had no choice but to quit selling firearms in this state. I talked to a CA. Dept. of justice agent who was involved in the investigation of the Walmart stores for illegal sales of firearms.
    Walmart has a history of poor training for their employees concerning the laws involved in firearm sales. As a result they were letting firearms go out the store with out the mandatory waiting period required in this state. There was indication that numerous firearms had gone out the stores without any paperwork being done and they could not account for the missing firearms from their inventory.
    In lieu of criminal charges being filed, Walmart agreed to stop selling firearms in CA. The bottom line is if Walmart had invested the time to train their employees on the laws and filling out the required forms, they would never have had this problem and lost the ability of being able to sell firearms and continue to bring in the firearm customers to their stores.

Idaho Wally-Worlds have long-guns. Even better, Alaska's Wal-Marts have HANDGUNS as well!!!
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The WalMart that is close to me stopped handling guns about a year and half ago, noticed that they were back handling them and ask the Sporting Goods Mgr ( a friend) what the deal was. Here is what he said" the anti gun store mgr. stopped the handling of the guns and said we will make it up with fishing stuff" Well the main office (takes a long time to notice) called my friend and ask what was the deal? to make a long story short they told the store mgr that the guns would be back bt the middle of March or he would be looking for a job. My friend said the sporting goods lost way over half of there business after the guns were taken out.
    The manager must have helped vote Obummer in, I think he needs to look for a job anyways.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    The manager must have helped vote Obummer in, I think he needs to look for a job anyways.
    Obama couldn't get a dog catcher vote here, I vagley remember the last local democrat elected here. Crud Johnson closed our air base because we were 10-1 votes against him in '68 they said he was furious that a Texas city would turn against him. Best thing ever to happen to Amarillo was to close the base.
    Wally World had a Stevens 200 I think the designation is in .308 with the bases for $268 and a 243 with a scope for $289.
    Frank G.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a 22 scope for a rifle I'm Putting together at Wally world, I don't think my dealer could have come close to the price, but that and the cheapo shotshells are all I buy at WM, all the other stuff I get at my dealers, even though it may be a little more. Ya ever go up to the counter at WM and have the guy say hello to you by name, and ask about the family, yeah we talk some durring slow times when I'm there, and all this is before he asks what can I do for you today.....................steg

Boolit Master

Outback Queensland, North of the Tropic of Capricorn
    I can remember when I was about 12 (1982) buying air rifle slugs at K-Mart. I can remeber when I was younger enjoying being dragged along shopping with my mum cause she would let me go in and look at the rifles and shotguns at K-Mart. I don't know when they stopped, but it wasn't long after that. Things are a bit different down under.
    WHEN IN DOUBT, USE MORE CLOUT!

Our Walmart sells sells guns, ammo, and reloading supplies. At $25 per pound of powder and $35 per thousand primers...they don't get alot of my business. They do have new Marlin 30-30's for $369 though.

Boolit Master

When wally world upgrades their stores they did away with alot of products. One of them being the sporting goods section. Ours upgraded about 2 yrs ago, guns went bye bye. Well we got them in this month now!!
    I don't think it's the store mgr who makes these decisions, it's somewhere in the HQ. I hope they fired the person who made the decision to stop carrying guns and the person who designed the new stores.

Boolit Master

FFL at WalMart

[B]The store manager at WalMart stores is the FFL licensee, and the manager most certainly can make the decision whether or not to sell firearms in his/her store. B]

Boolit Master

There was a article in the paper here in Michigan that many communities would not give a permit to build unless Walmart agreed not to sell firearms I think the story was about Clio Michigan if memory serves correctly. I wish Walmart would expand to reloading equipment and car parts as well.
    When I think back on all the **** I learned in high school it's a wonder I can think at all ! And then my lack of education hasn't hurt me none I can read the writing on the wall.