RepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: #4 buck multi-cavity moulds here...

Boolit Master

#4 buck multi-cavity moulds here...

Has anybody bought one and used it enough to form an opinion; based on actual loading and shooting them?

Rich

Boolit Buddy
    I own a 20-cavity #4buck Sharpshooter mold,as well as a Sharpshooter "00". I love them. It does take some practice getting a perfect fill, but once you get the hang of keeping the mold hot, and establishing a quick rhythm its a piece of cake. Water dropped 50-50 (pure lead/wheel weight) lead makes hard shot for good patterns. I don't expect to compete with Ballistic Products' SuperBuck in quality, but after an hour in a vibrating brass tumbler I get round shot that does what I ask of it. I have never killed a coyote with it yet, but I have killed a few hundred cardboard silhouettes. Good short range boogie man medicine.

Boolit Master

you need 3 things pet toe nail clippers and old 1in mop handle . cut handle in half and 8in long. the same screws work get mold hot and run fast
    OH forgot KROIL

Boolit Bub
    who makes a 20 shot #4 buck mold Sharpshooter, are they steel molds? and shotman what are you saying?

Just bought 00 and 0000 Sharpshooter buckshot molds. Only a couple of hours of messing with the 00 model, using straight WW. Really worked better hot.With kroil after a good initial scrub with a toothbrush and brake cleaner.A few mould fulls to heat her up good, spray Kroil, wipe excess.....ahh drops nice shot.and they are aluminum moulds, with oak handles that smell rather nice charring when the mould is up to temp and rolling along.

My RCBS pot was at 750F before I started getting good production. I started close to the bottom of temp adjustment. Messed around, casted a few lbs. of shot, and came back in the house and ordered a third mould, for F buck (.22) I like it, one decent buy on Fleabay.Half price of the Lee model. That doesn't happen often, someone undercutting Lee and still making a good product.
    Member CSSA, NFA
    Who is John Galt?

Boolit Master
    I have a #1 and 00 sharpshooter mold and like others have said, run it hot and it works beautifully. You need a good pair of leather gloves, as the handles get hot. I preheat mine on an electric hot plate. They make nice shot and a lot of it. I throw mine in my rotating tumbler along with some graphite to true them up after clipping the sprues. Skiesunlimited is a member here and is good person to deal with.

G

Banned
    I'm yet another happy Sharpshooer customer and very happy with the service and price of my.685 inch RB mold.
    Ajay
    Video Memories
    www.PreciousVideoMemories.Com

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ted60 View Post
    who makes a 20 shot #4 buck mold Sharpshooter, are they steel molds? and shotman what are you saying?
    He is a member here , so look in the member list and PM him

But ....If I remember right
    He sells them on Flea Bay

I have a OO
    And when I get it hot , it produces nice buckshot

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

the only problem i had with mine was teh pivot pin dropping out when it gets hot enough to cast good. a bolt and nut took care of that.

SW
    A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything. - Laurence Sterne