WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Question for BT Sniper.

Boolit Master

Question for BT Sniper.

BT:
    OK Brian, if a person was to sent you a factory bullet, could you make a set of swaging dies to copy that particulat bullet?
    I don't know that this question has been ask of you before, so I posted it so others could also read your answer.
    I have an 8mm-06 AI that I shoot regularly. Bullets are 34.00 per box.
    So, 10 boxes would be 340.00. That was easy. How much would the dies be to swage bullets from the 5.7x28 brass, or copper tubing. I am assuming the copper tubing die set would need a base folding die for the jacket material, to close the base of the jacket.
    Jack

Vendor Sponsor

To a certain degree yes! The ogive of my reamers are pretty much a given. We can adjust the size of the metplat to vary the length of the nose for any given bullet. I have severial sizes to chose from depending on the look of bullet one is after.

I worked a few of the numbers on these bullets I have been making. My 308 bullet has roughly a 11s ogive on it and my 338 die comes in around 13s. I did actually make a .323 die and have got it back from heat treat allready. I have not put the finishing touches on it yet but I bet I could put together some pretty good looking bullets for you to try out in the 8mm-06 of yours. I still need to make a core seat die though.

So yes we can get very close in design to factory bullets and certainly different calibers are not a problem. The nose ogive will be a given as determined by the reamers I have avialble and then it is only a matter of you guys making the desired weight of bullet that will also determin how long the bullet will be.

As for the size of the tip of the nose I have many avialble, from a small .093 to as large as you want to go. The .093 is better in the smaller calibers of the 243 and 224. Bigger then that and a .125 nose works out a lot better for allowing the bullet to eject from the die.

Now for a case for you to use for a 8mm jacket. The 30 carbine is a good one but hard to find and can be expensive as well as upset the 30 carbine shooters. The 223 would work well. The 5.7 may actually work too but you would be limited to about 180-190 max on the weight. I actually plan on using derimed 38 special brass as well as the 223.

BTSniper
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master

Brian:
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    The bullet that my rifle likes best is the Hornaday 195 grain spire point. It shot the last two 5
    shot groups at 100 yards in 1" and .900 ctc respectively.
    I will keep my eyes open for different jacket making material. The 223 and 38's
    would definately be the most plentiful. The 223's, being at the top od the heap.
    If you need any more information, let me know.
    Jack