RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: 30 Herrett and 311359

Boolit Mold

30 Herrett and 311359

I was checking to see if anyone had a load for the 30 herrett with the 311359 bullet using Unique?

Thank you
    Phil

Boolit Master
    No help with the 311359, my 30 herrett has a long throat and I shoot mainly 170-210gr in it. 8.5gr of Unique works well in my 10" tender with 200gr Spire Points. 26.5gr of H335 with a 170gr Ranch Dog seated to touch the lands yeilds 1675fps out of my little gun and averages about 1" at 50 yards with a cheap 2x scope off a bi-pod with a sand bag under the grip......again long throat in mine.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Mold
    Doug,
    Thank you for the information, I hope to have my barrel early next week as I just purchased it off another forum. I have read about the long throat and will check once I receive. I just have a lot of the 113gr bullets sitting around and was hoping to use some of them up.
    Have you had any success with the 125NBT?

Boolit Master
    I have had very good luck with the 125gr NBT in my AR15 300 whisper, my brother and I each shot an antelope last fall with my whisper pushing the 125NBT at about 2100fps, its a killer. I havent however shot it out of my Herrett. I did shoot some 110gr Serria HP's but they shot very poorly in my gun, 3" at 25 yards, I also shot some 150gr FMJ's to get the scope on paper which did pretty good. Since than I havent shot any jacketed in my Herrett.

Mine also seems to like rifle powders more than pistol powders....IMR 4895 did pretty good for grouping there was alot of unburned powder in the barrel and average velocity was only about 1275FPS witha 170gr Ranch Dog, H335 does very well for me, W296 was alright but not enough for me to play with it more, Unique and Trailboss are nice for plinking.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    I too have a long throat in my 30 herret. But unfortunately I have the slower 1 in14 twist and can't use heavy bullets. I am thinking of reaming it to .30-30 AI or 309JDJ.

No herett, but at about 2400 fps out of my 30-30 super 14, they were nice as to recoil (how do youse guys stand the recoil in them light guns?), and seemed to go where I wanted them to. With 180s that super 14 is fairly interesting (gave my wife a bloody nose), but not painful for me. Just wraps itself around me a couple a times.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master
    Recoil?....30 herrett has a heck of a muzzle blast not much recoil though. I just sold the barrel that was painful to shoot, 45 win mag, my 444 marlin with 250gr HP's at 1900fps isnt bad to shoot.
    Doug

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Mold
    I can not wait to get my barrel, so I can join in on this debate.
    Thank you all for you help as I have loaded many different calibers but none like this;
    I at lease had data from my father on the 7mm-o6, and have data for the 25 krag.

Please keep this going a little while longer.

Thank you
    Phil

Boolit Master

I use IMR 4227 under a NEI 160 gr bullet for about 1700 ft/sec with a 10" barrel.

Boolit Mold
    I found the load data I wanted , in the 46th lyman book.
    Thank you for all of the help.
    Phil

Banned - Posts Deleted Because He Edited Them With Vulgarity When He Could Not Get His Way
    I had a 30 Herrett years ago. I have no idea as to what twist, but it loved 110gr or 130gr Hornady Spire points over a stiff dose of IMR 4227. With 150gr I switched to IMR 4198. With a 5x Burris it would shoot sub 3" at 200 yards.

I didn't mind the recoil or blast, but couldn't hit anything with it unless I was shooting off of bags.

I haven't shot cast in 10.75" 30 herrett but it loves 150 sierras & IMR 4198 . I'm thinking about the Lyman 160 shil. mold for mine. I don't know the mold #
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28