WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Kel-tec RFB 308

Kel-tec RFB 308

I have not shot a Bullpup rifle and was wondering if this rifle would be a good one to try out.It is very light and short,only 28 inchs.Brass would be easy to find.I was wondering if it would be hard to clean though,everything being enclosed with the brass coming out the front.The rail conects to the barrel and it is supposed to be accurate.Seems like it would be very good to use in tight places.Some countries use them for military use.I wonder why the US hasn't used Bullpups.Austria,China,etc. uses them.

Boolit Grand Master

Actually have handled one. IMO, it is definitely short but it did NOT feel light, it felt heavy.
    Of course, it is a .308 not a .223, and I don't know the actual weight, just that while it felt
    nice it also felt heavy. I have used an AUG bullpup quite a bit and it works well and is very
    compact. One issue is that bullpups don't work at all for a lefty, the ejection port is ON your
    cheek! The AUG has a swappable bolt for left ejection and a moveable e - port cover. The
    KelTec has the forward ejection, so no issue there, either.

KelTec has been really an innovative company, hope the rifle sells well.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    I keep hoping somebody here will just buy one! and run a couple hundred rounds of various CB's thru it; then report here. 311332/311334/311284 and the upcoming NOE 311247. The first three have worked well for me over a couple decades, in various rifles. I shot a few (very few) samples of 311365 a saint here sent me, thru my more accurate CETME as well as 12BVSS Savage. They feed in the CETME, and the 12 stuck the last seven about .650" at 100yds. 1800fps.

Rich

They are interesting and the only bullpup thats made in US I think.The Israeli Tavor 21 is interesting also but can't get one in the US yet.I like the front ejection of the Keltec and being in 308 would be good for cast.I read it's easy on the brass also.Some people that own several 308 autos like the keltec the most and it is their go to auto compared to AR,Fal,M-14,etc.I'm thinking there might be something to like about bullpups.Many countries around the world use them and now Isreal is replacing the M-4 with the Tavor.I seen a video of someone making headshots on poppers at 300 meters standing the first time he ever shot one.They say the Tavor is more accurate than other rifles and much better for urban and other applications.I've read that if the military ever goes to caseless or telescoping ammo they want a bullpup that has the downrange performance of the 6.5 Grendel.Something like the H&K G-11 with pivoting chamber.If bullpups are on the horizon I was thinking it might be a good time to get one before the stampede hits and prices go up.The Kel-tecs are already hard to get and expensive now.Probably the reason things haven't changed so far in the military is they want to cut spending by keeping the old stuff.