Inline FabricationLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for lee loader

Boolit Bub
    cat -

PM and email sent - thank you very much!

to all - i am now looking only for a .280 rem (AKA 7mm express). if anyone has or finds one, please let me know.

also, i have a few miscellaneous (sp) reloading components/items to give away or trade to anyone who wants them. it would be a shame to throw them away, but i find that i have no use for them. i will post on a separate thread.

thanks to all for the welcome messages and the assistance. now that i am getting back into cast boolits, i will be here much more often!

Boolit Buddy
    Today I bought two Lee Target Model Zero Error loading sets. I am not sure when they were made but they seem to be from the 70s I"d guess. One is in 308 Win. the other in 340 Weatherby. Both are missing the thumb primer that is similar to their Auto-Prime. They have neck reaming tools, case triming tools, deburring tools, primer pocket cleaners and a micrometer bullet seating feature. I had never seen one of these kits before though of course I have seen the standard Lee Loaders. I paid $10 for both of them (not each). Very cool and the tooling was worth much more that it cost. Does anyone have a definate time line on when these were manufactured?
    Best Wishes, Bud

Boolit Bub
    the reading i have done suggests that the target models mid-to-late 60's, maybe very early 70s. i wasn't around then (born in 1971), so perhaps some of our more "seasoned" members can chime in.

as far as what you paid for them, you got an EXCELLENT bargain, even with the missing priming pieces. these things are pretty much considered collectors' items now, and can fetch some good prices. i've been kinda-sorta looking for one for my .308, but with the potential for high prices, i never took the search too seriously.

oh yeah, according to all of the reading i have done, they produce very good, extremely accurate ammunition. the reason that lee discontinued them was because manufacturing costs ourtran their ability to put out a quality roduct at a reasonable price. in my opinion, lee could make a fortune if they brought them back, but you know what they say about wishes......
    Last edited by TasunkaWitko; 01-14-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: i have 10 thumbs and made several typos!

Boolit Man
    Fortunately, the priming tool shows up at gunshows fairly regularly, and the two shellholders you need are among the more common ones.
    You may enjoy reading about the primer tool on the USPTO site. It bears the patent number 3,555,959 issued 19 Jan 1971 to Richard J Lee
    Mine are .222 Rem, and 6mm International.
    Do yours have the charge tables? I'm trying to get a file of Lee charge tables so that I can share them around. They are often missing in the Lee and Mequon Loaders.

Boolit Buddy
    Ross, yes, they have the charge tables but not the original dippers. I will be a way for a few days and can post the data when I get back if you like.
    Best Wishes, Bud

Boolit Man
    Bud,
    I would like.
    I have a very few extra dippers. We'll see if I can help there, though that is not a real high hope.
    Please get in touch when you get back.
    Ross

Boolit Buddy
    Ross, These are the loads for the 308 Win. using powder measure #190
    110gr. Noble Rifle #2 42grs.
    110-120gr. Hercules Re. 7 40grs.
    110- 125gr. Win. 748 47.5grs.
    Norma 201 45grs.
    110-130gr. Hodgdon BL-C (2) 48.5 grs.
    110-150gr. Dupont IMR3031 41grs.
    125-150gr. Dupont IMR4064 42grs.
    130-150gr. Dupont IMR4320 43.5grs.
    130-140gr Win. 760 47grs.
    140-150gr. Nobel Rifle #1 41grs.
    150gr. Dupont 4895 43grs.
    150-160gr. Hercules Re. 11 40grs.
    150-170gr. Noble Rifle #0 (Sic) 43grs.
    165-220gr. Hodgdon H205 54grs.
    180-200gr. Dupont IMR4350 42.5grs.

I have no idea what the capacity of "Measure 190" is. (It is missing)

Boolit Man
    Thank you, Bud.
    The 1.9cc measure is in about the middle of the set. I will see if I can find an orphan for you.
    Regards from Darkest California,
    Ross

HEY!
    I just looked at the (Sic) note. My chart shows a 1.9 scoop throwing 26 grains of Nobel 0: 3.1cc should be 42.6 grains. Belay all that.
    The old 190 (.19 cubic inches) does show the correct 43 grains of Nobel 0.
    I'll try to find you one, though they are less often found. If you run into an old black box Lee Custom scoop set it would be good to invest in it. I see them for $5.บบ to $8.บบ infrequently at the shows.
    Ross of the Red Countenance
    Last edited by Ross; 01-19-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: boo boo

Boolit Bub
    if memory serves, you can download charge tables at lee's web site, www.leeprecision.com. i haven't been there in a while, but i seem to remember them being there. also, i found that you can email them and they will send them to you.

Boolit Master
    On a shelf above my loading bench is my first reloader; a Lee 12 Ga. in the old red cardboard box. On the back is my name and the date I bought it; 1964.

Anyone have a 38 or 357 lee loader they want to get rid of ? The ones on evil-bay are going for new or high'r prices....
    Lifes a journey, take the backroad and enjoy it.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.

Multiple duty Lee Loaders?

I would think that if you get one big enough to fit all of the sizes you have, for example, 30-30, 30-40, .308, .30-06, 7.5x55mm all fitting into the one for ???. That would cover the .30's.
    I need to find in 6.5x55mm. 7x57, 7.62x51, and the one above.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    I would think that if you get one big enough to fit all of the sizes you have, for example, 30-30, 30-40, .308, .30-06, 7.5x55mm all fitting into the one for ???. That would cover the .30's.
    I need to find in 6.5x55mm. 7x57, 7.62x51, and the one above.
    me thinks you would loose the big advantage.
    the tool holds the case very straight, allowing very straight bullet seating.
    dont see how a generic seater could do that.

lee loaders make very accurate ammo possible.
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

Smile

If anyone knows of or has a Lee Target Loader in 6.5x55mm or .223 Remington, I would sure be interested. James

Boolit Master

I am in need of a .223 Remington Lee handloader complete in the old cardboard box with instructions. I have a little mini-mauser in .223 and would like a loader for it. I am going to give it to my little grandaughter and I'm going to start her reloading the way I started out. James

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I am in need of a .223 Remington Lee handloader complete in the old cardboard box with instructions. I have a little mini-mauser in .223 and would like a loader for it. I am going to give it to my little grandaughter and I'm going to start her reloading the way I started out. James
    I have one in 223 in the red plastic box. I do not think it has ever been used. If you are interested I would be willing to trade/sell it. I will have to look to make sure it has the charge table and scoop (it should) and I will not be able to do that until Monday.

I also have a used Lee Target Model Loader package in 243 Win I would be willing to trade if anyone is looking for one.

-ktw

Boolit Master

.223 lee loader

ktw, I tried to send you a email but I don't know whether it got thru or not. When I hit the send bar it bounched me back to Cast Boolit Home Page, so I don't know. Jmaes

email received and replied to.

-ktw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12