Inline FabricationRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR1911 pistol

Boolit Master

New Ruger SR1911 pistol

Ruger just annouced that they are the 44th manufactuer of old slab sides.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/the-rug...11-video/9290/

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Hopefully it's a vast improvement over Rugers other center fire auto offerings. Love their wheel guns, hate there Autos.

Boolit Buddy
    Dang that is slick looking. When is the release date? Don't want to get one too early.

Matt

Boolit Master
    Darn...you beat me to it. I just saw the Ruger site and ran over here to announce it. Gotta get one, price is OK, and my dealer usually sells Rugers for quite a bit less than the MSRP. Good lookin' gun. I'll bet it will be a good seller.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3357 View Post
    Dang that is slick looking. When is the release date? Don't want to get one too early.

Matt
    They say May 2011. Should be no problems with an early model, 100 years of building them. Ruger should have learned where the bugs are.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

The old "Army 45 Automatic", just won't die! In fact it get's stronger and more popular the older it gets. All for good reason, John Browning did it right!
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

I like the fact that Ruger went with the series 70 style firing pin system. And the lack of serrations on the front of slide. I wasn't happy with my last Ruger revolver but I may have to try one of these. FB

Love Life
    I have to have one of these!!!

Oh man my wife is going to kill me. Or maybe I will blame the members of the forum? I'm not a big 1911 fan, but I always said "If Ruger built one I'll buy it." The wheelies and Glocks are getting jealous already.

Can anyone tell me why the Ruger owners manual (downloaded from their website) says it is okay to dry fire only with the magazine inserted? Have I been doing something wrong with the 1911 all these years?
    Tony
    Last edited by AnthonyB; 04-18-2011 at 08:05 PM. Reason: clarity

Boolit Master

They didn't put a magazine disconnect in the gun did they?
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master

Hopefully it's a vast improvement over Rugers other center fire auto offerings. Love their wheel guns, hate there Autos.
    What? Never had a jam with my P90 and it shoots almost anything I can get down the tube.......

............but I NEED one of these new Ruler 1911's! Just hope its priced right and actually available.....
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Buddy

Here we go

Man, just got a Sig 1911 and a Lipsey's 44 spl. Now I'll have to have that.

Thanks for the heads up. Something about the Ruger emblem on a 1911, very appealing.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    What? Never had a jam with my P90 and it shoots almost anything I can get down the tube.......

............but I NEED one of these new Ruler 1911's! Just hope its priced right and actually available.....
    Same here.....I love my P-90.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master
    I suspect I will have to have one.
    Thanx, Tim Kelley
    SFC US Army (Ret)
    NRA Life

Still have noclue!

"IN GOD WE TRUST"

Boolit Grand Master
    Oh Lordy. Let's hope they don't have a McCormick inspired Devel follower and weak springs in their magazines.

That's what transformed the P97, which was a P90 variant, into a jammo matic. Essentially the P97 had what amounted to McCormick Shooting Star magazines in it. Not good.

If these are the same type of magazines, trash 'em and buy something with some spring strength and get rid of that worthless short rear skirt follower.

Boolit Master
    Well not impressed, there are lots of 1911's out there, however there is no one making Super Blackhawk Hunters, Stainless .45 Blackhawks, Old model Vaquero's (they can keep the new ones), Bisley .357's and .41's, and I can't find a Super Redhawk in .44 to save my rear.
    If Ruger wanted to make a clone, why didn't they dive into a market that was already saturated, like the Winchester 94?
    Ruger, pocket pistols, plastic revolvers, AR-15's, and now 1911's.

Boolit Master

Make mine a Commander

I will wait till the Commander version or Officer model is out Looks m\great

Boolit Master
    Ok, now that's it's been announced, I dont have to keep my mouth shut anymore. I got to handle one of these recently, and I was impressed. I have to admit, I did NOT get to fire it, though, so cant speak for the shooting aspect of it, just the fit, finish, and a few of the features. It had a very nice trigger that broke at about 3-4 lbs, with no creep. It did NOT have a magazine safety, thankfully. The slide to frame fit was very tight, almost as tight as my Springfield TRP. I decided about half way through handling it that I will be getting one first chance I get. I also am not sure who made the magazines, but it had one seven rounder and one 8 rounder in the box with it. Felt good in my hands, balanced well, and seemed very well made all around. I used to have a p-90, but couldnt get used to the safety working the wrong way. Also spoke to a man who had done some fairly extensive testing of the sr1911, and he reported large amounts of ammunition through the test guns, with no failures of any kind and no cleaning whatsoever during the testing. I cant wait to get my hands on one of my own.

I suspect it will have the Ruger cast reciever? Looks nice but being an old timer I like 1911s with machined lowers. I never cared for the Colt Commanders with the cast Aluminum lowers. Just me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast