WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7.62X25 Tokarev load data

To avoid confusion among readers, the C96 Mauser "Broomhandle" pistol is not chambered for 7.62x25 Tokarev. It is chambered most often for the 7.63 Mauser. However, dimensionally the two cartridges are very close. The 7.62 x 25 Tokarev was loaded to much higher pressures than the 7.63 Mauser.

Boolit Master
    i am on the hunt for a cz52 or tt33, or variants, which ever is cheaper. i just plan on buying milsurp ammo for it. its pushing the limits of ammo cost/reloading cost.

Boolit Bub
    Have you looked at J&G Sales?

They have 2 different kinds right now.
    A Polish & a Romanian
    Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway - John Wayne
    <><
    When your holding a hammer everything looks like a nail - Bryan Glover

Boolit Master

I just traded a Turk Mauser for a Romanian TT33 Cugir which had been imported by InterOrdnance a few years back.

A brand new realm for me. My first Warsaw Pact pistol. Exterior looks like a 1903 Browning Hammerless but I'm pretty sure it will be different on the inside.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    Coincidentally, I was reading an old copy of Handloader today, Oct 1999, with an article on reloading the 7.62 x25. If you'd like I'll scan and send it to you.
    Hello fatnhappy...can you send also to me the article??? My mail is iwottopq@libero.it
    Thanks in advance...
    Nino

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce drake View Post
    I just traded a Turk Mauser for a Romanian TT33 Cugir which had been imported by InterOrdnance a few years back.

A brand new realm for me. My first Warsaw Pact pistol. Exterior looks like a 1903 Browning Hammerless but I'm pretty sure it will be different on the inside.
    The Type 54 Tokarev I have is a close copy of the Colt/Browning toggle link/recoil-operated system from the 1911 series. Its only substantive difference is its sear/disconnector/ejector assembly is a sub-unit that is removable at field-stripping for cleaning and maintenance. It is retained by the slide rails' interface with the receiver's rails. Kind of a trick design, actually.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I've read that the surplus loads are firebreathers. I was thinking of loading this a bit lighter to save my brass and make for a nice plinker/trail pistol.

Bruce

Boolit Grand Master
    Yessir, some of the milsurp ammo can be quite hot. If it still exists in the known world, Winchester White Box 7.62 x 25 loads gave ~1350 FPS from both the Type 54 and the CZ-52. It uses good-quality Boxer-primed brass that reloads well. I have always shied away from the milsurp ammo in this caliber; my first brass was reworked Winchester 9mm Magnum, and still have a couple hundred of those. Starline is likely "best of breed", and the few Fiocchi cases I've found do well also.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

This thread is officially old. In the interim there have been a few changes. The original posting member was banned as a deadbeat thief, I've since had a second child, my family has moved, my mother died, our American President was succeeded by an unqualified buffoon and I've ungraded a few computers.

The probability of my finding the aforementioned article is as low as my opinion of the gutless wonder occupying the White House. Unlike him I will exercise due diligence before calling it quits.
    Last edited by fatnhappy; 10-03-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Oh my! Tell us how you really feel!
    Hey, you should feel honored to know that this forum can provide knowledge to fellow shooters over the long span of time! Between you and 9.3x62AL, I think I'll have this TT33 running ribbons on the gunline in short time.

I love my CZ-52, it came to me with a broken firing pin but that was no real sweat to find and replace.

As to Ammo I've been shooting the Privi Partizan as it was the lowest price of the boxer primed brass I could find at the time.
    I don't shoot it a lot so I have yet to reload for it.

I think the PPU is cranking out around 1600 fps.

Sounds is worse than the recoil, it has a definite bark to it. But the gun itself seems to be solid as a rock.

If you shoot it a lot watch the rollers on the lock up system. When they start getting loose its time to replace them with some hardened steel rollers.

Go here for parts

http://www.harringtonproducts.com/
    Firing pins are 30$, rollers are 18$ site is very good with instructions, pictures and tips.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I have good news and bad news. The bad news, I can't find the scanned file. The good news, I found the issue of handloader in question.

I stopped to glance through a couple other issues, some more than 20 years old. Lord how I miss the likes of Finn Aagaard, Ross Seyfried and Al Miller. One of my favorite articles written by Al Miller was about the 8x57, a cartridge which he held in high esteem and respect from the battlefields of Europe.

Update: I found the scan file. If anyone else would like it please let me know.
    Last edited by fatnhappy; 10-03-2014 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Buddy
    Got a couple of CZ52's I'd part with.
    What part of the Gulf are you on? We go to Rockport often.

Boolit Master

I'll gladly take a copy if you don't mind
    bmdrake71@gmail.com

Bruce

Boolit Master
    check out j,d,jones's experiments in wisper type rounds for heavey bullets in this round. he was using 150s, 180s and maybe heavier in rifles chambered so. cartridges of the world has a write up on this under wildcat or proprietary catridges.

Love a copy, billj69@gmail.com, and thank you!

Boolit Master

I'd take a copy if it's no trouble fatnhappy. Thank you.
    jrayborn AT myfairpoint.net

fatnhappy, in case you didn't see/follow my PM, I would love a copy of this.

mauckdan[at]gmail[dot]com

Got mine and thank you VERY much.

Even just knowing which powders to look for for this cartridge is a big help.
    Although I was surprised to see 10 grains of IMR 4227 being listed.

Considering how how hard pistol powders are to find right now I may go with the 4227 as I've seen it available several times in different locations in the last couple weeks.

Boolit Master

I'd like a copy:

tanker@mostlycajun.com

dale in Louisiana

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast