Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
PBcastcoTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7.62X25 Tokarev load data

Banned

Question 7.62X25 Tokarev load data

Gentlemen,

I know several here load this cartridge, so I am looking for some specific data for my CZ-52.

I'd like to load 85-110gr Jword bullets and 115-120gr real boolits. I'd like to use Blue Dot, Red Dot Unique or W231/HP38.

I also read during my internet search of a load using a 155gr bullet and 3.0grs of Bullseye for 800 f.p.s. The source sited was Handloader magazine Jan-Feb 1973. Can anyone confirm this data?

I'd really like a TESTED load for 120gr cast boolit with Blue Dot powder, if you have one, But all loads are appreciated.

Thanks

SSB

Boolit Grand Master
    7.7 grains of AA-7 is the "factory load duplicator" for the standard 7.62 x 25 as loaded by the Soviets for the Tokarev series of service pistols. From my Tok and the CZ-52, using Hornady limited production FMJ and RNSP 85 grainers--as well as the Hornady .308"/.312" XTP 85 grainer--I get 1375-1400 FPS. My Tok uses the 32 Magnum bullets (.3115" grooves), while the CZ uses the newer .308" XTP in its .309" grooves. I have found no better powder for this caliber using j-word bullets. I haven't confirmed this info, but AA-7 was (allegedly) originally developed to service the 7.62 x 25 by the Czechs in their high-velocity version of this cartridge (1600 FPS+). Not sure as to that, but the fuel sure does good work.

The most recent Hornady Reloading Manual has a wide selection of load data for this caliber using their bullets. IIRC, there are some loads providing 1700 FPS+. MAKE SURE there are no worn rollers on the bolt before getting intrepid with these pistols--wear will show as flat spots on the rollers. www.makarov.com has parts for these pistols, if needed.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Coincidentally, I was reading an old copy of Handloader today, Oct 1999, with an article on reloading the 7.62 x25. If you'd like I'll scan and send it to you.

Boolit Master
    i tried several bullets. even resized some bullets from 312 to 310 and 309. my plan was to get 60's to go 2000 fps... i got to 1700 fps....with aa9.

but i also got to 1700 with the hornady 85........

all in a cz52.....
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master

Some cast loads that work

I put a couple of loads that nearly match the factory for grouping & point of aim on the database:

http://gunloads.com/modules.php?name...ouscat&cid=238

Banned
    Fatnhappy,

That would be FANTASTIC! You can e-mail it to me singleshotbuff at yahoo dot com.

Everyone else,

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I may have to consider AA powders!

SSB

Boolit Grand Master
    The CZ-52 is the pistol for use with intrepid handloads--NOT the Tokarev and CERTAINLY NOT the C-96. If you happen to have a PPSh or Skorpion laying around, the high-end stuff will work in those--but those don't exactly grow on trees in the USA.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Banned
    Fatnhappy,

Got the e-mail. THANKS!! Just what I was looking for.

SSB

Boolit Bub
    Fatnhappy,
    may you send to me too the article you told?

My email is armcoll@yahoo.it
    or, untill the year end, etacconi.consultant@unicreditxelion.it.
    Please, send it to both adress.

Thank you,

Mosin 9130

Boolit Grand Master
    Fat & Happy--

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like a copy of that material also.

outdoors4me_92555 AT yahoo DOT com

Thank you, sir!

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Al View Post
    The CZ-52 is the pistol for use with intrepid handloads--NOT the Tokarev and CERTAINLY NOT the C-96.
    The full extent of my knowledge about this round centers around the pistol I 'picked up' in Vietnam (Chinese Type 54)...and some subsequent reading about the origins of the design.
    What is the C-96?
    CM
    Last edited by montana_charlie; 12-11-2006 at 01:18 PM.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    What is the C-96?
    CM
    Broomhandle Mauser.

Kaj

Boolit Master

Handloader Data

May I have a copy of that article, too, please?

bodydoc447@aol dot com

Thanks!

Doc

Boolit Grand Master
    MT Charlie--

Sorry about that labeling faux pas. I also have a ChiCom Type 54 Tokarev, and it is fine with loads to 1400 FPS using the 85 grain bullets/boolits. Its barrel has a tight neck and wide bore, requiring a ream-out of case necks to fit .311" boolits to match itx groove diameter. FWIW, some of the Chinese surplus ammo I bought with the pistol had .307" j-word bullets weighing 86 grains. The pistol inhales the Winchester White Box loads without a stutter, and accuracy is all right too. That TALL rear sight sends shots pretty high--I was told a while back that Russian practice was to hold on the belt buckle to hit 10-X on a B-27 target at 25 meters. Pretty close, that.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 12-11-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Guys, I'd be more than happy to send you that scan, ......except, I'm out of town. My company sent me to Boston for training. I'll be gone until the 23rd. I actually have the scan on my thumbdrive, but I'm sitting at a public computer at the library, and have no means to upload it at the moment. Maybe singleshot buff can pass it along.

If I don't get a report that it's made its way into everyones hands by christmas, I'll mail it when I get home.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Al View Post
    MT Charlie--
    Sorry about that labeling faux pas.
    So, does that mean you meant to include the Type 54 (instead of the C-96) in the list of pistols that should NOT be used with 'intrepid handloads'?
    CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned
    Bodydoc,

I'll be happy to forward it to you.

SSB

Boolit Master
    Thanks!!

Doc

Boolit Grand Master
    Correct, MT. None of the Tokarev variants, which were made at several Soviet Bloc arsenals as well as Chinese models. The load level for these is the 85-86 grain j-words at 1400 FPS. I run my Broomhandle at about 1100-1200 FPS, tops.

HTH.

Boolit Bub

cast in tok

Though I have lots of milsurp ammo for my CZ52 and my recently acquired Yugo M57, I'm trying to reload. I have 115 gr lead bullets at .312, and I have Bullseye, which I use to make 32 S&W long for my 95 Nagant. Is there a load I can make , using these bullets and the Bullseye, for my Yogo Tok. It slugs at .312 or .313. And I'll be using brass formed from 223.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast