WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: Ruger 1-H No. 1 question.

Boolit Master

Ruger 1-H No. 1 question.

Does anyone have a No.1 Tropical or large bore 1-H series? I would like to know the diameter of the barrel in front of and behind the sling swivel band. I would like to use one on a bubba Mosin. The spot I want to put it is .725 to .730. Thanks
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Hi Wallenba,

I have two, one is a 375 H&H and the other is a 458 Win Mag. The barrels are different, the 375 is a pound lighter. When I get home from work I can measure them for you.

Take care, Tom

The 450/400 measures .830 to the front of the band and the 458 Winnie measures 1.00 to the front of the band.
    I know that I've been told that the 416 uses the same outside diameter as the 458 so I'd look towards the 375 H&H.
    If Obummer is the answer, How stupid was the question?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -----Ronald Reagan

Why not just order the bbl band swivel stud of that ID directly, like from from New England Custom Gun ?

Code #R-300, .710" straight - $68, so a taper reamer would be req'd to finish it to .725"- .730".

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/

Alternatively, @ $61, Brownell's carries the Gentry #339300720 bbl band swivel stud, also straight bored .720", Brownells # 339-300-720 WB

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6...ND-SWIVEL-STUD

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Why not just order the bbl band swivel stud of that ID directly, like from from New England Custom Gun ?

Code #R-300, .710" straight - $68, so a taper reamer would be req'd to finish it to .725"- .730".

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/

Alternatively, @ $61, Brownell's carries the Gentry #339300720 bbl band swivel stud, also straight bored .720", Brownells # 339-300-720 WB

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6...ND-SWIVEL-STUD

Pietro, I searched Brownells, I guess I did not put in the right words, as I got nothing. Thanks for the link. I was unaware of that NECG had them. I'll check it out. Actually makes sense, some of my Rugers came from the factory with NECG front sights.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
    The 450/400 measures .830 to the front of the band and the 458 Winnie measures 1.00 to the front of the band.
    I know that I've been told that the 416 uses the same outside diameter as the 458 so I'd look towards the 375 H&H.
    Looks like the Ruger ones are a bit big, I have one from a Standard, it's too small. Thanks for checking.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    my 300 WM measures .789/.798
    my 7mm RM measures .786/.793

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    my 300 WM measures .789/.798
    my 7mm RM measures .786/.793
    Thanks everyone, but I think the idea is a bust. Cost of the part and a reamer far exceeds the cost of the Mosin and what I have in it so far. Looks like I'll have to get a stud up there. The problem with that is there isn't a lot of tough 'meat' in that area due to the bored channel for the old cleaning rod. I plugged it to about a 1 inch depth with a 1/4 inch dowel (soft wood). I think I'll have to grind out some wood to get a good bed of JB weld in there.
    Dutch

-Yogi Berra.