Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see this? "Walmart CEO Expects Inflation by June"

Boolit Buddy

Anyone see this? "Walmart CEO Expects Inflation by June"

I know we've been experiencing it everytime we go to the store but now Walmart CEO is stating that he expects a lot of inflation by June-Not too far away! This is why an ignorant populist is so dangerous! They have no clue what printing all of that funny money really means!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...nflation_N.htm

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Yep! ........The time to "Pay The Piper" is coming!

......I simply can't wait until the 2012 Election!!!

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Grand Master
    never been to walmart
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    White, Eagle, yer not missin' nuthin'.
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Boolit Buddy
    Even their CEO looks like a "Wal-Mart" employee--I hate the place--hope they go under and stay there.

Steve

In Remembrance

So, do we

disregard the inflation we already have and start over in a few months?

What planet is this guy from?

Is inflation gonna really start to accelerate?

I got my seat belt on but I ain't ready.

Life is good

Boolit Master
    Here in Minn. the legislature (primarily Rep.)is going on a major cost cutting spree. An our newly elected Gov (Dem.) is also pushing for spending cuts. But the Gov. is also proposing funding for a new F.B. stadium as well as other major spending bills.
    An everyone an his brother is yelling cut someone Else's funding not mine, I am too important.
    As far as I am concerned cut everyone equally strait across the board. That way no one can say you cut us more than anyone else.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by klcarroll View Post
    Yep! ........The time to "Pay The Piper" is coming!

......I simply can't wait until the 2012 Election!!!

Kent
    Not picking on you Kent but what will change. We will have the choice (again) of death by stabbing or death by a thousand cuts.

True conservatives never go far politically.

I hate being negative but I love this country and it makes me ill what is happening to it.
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Easy answer: don't shop at the Great Wal(l)Mart of China anymore. They are going to need a lot higher profit margins to pay Albert Pujols that $300 million ten-year contract he wants. I have decided my family is going to look for the Made In America tag on everything from now on.

regards,

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by sundog View Post
    White, Eagle, yer not missin' nuthin'.
    Humm, I don't know, some times it can be.....Ah here you go....

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

In Remebrance

Yeah boy, I sure hope Wally world goes under, Then the 75 people they employ will be out of work and we can go back to having the Mom and Pop places that are open from 8 or 9 til 4 or 5 and stock even cheaper garbage at much higher prices. Yeah, that'll be great!

Boolit Buddy
    Buy your wheelbarrow now so you can haul your dollar bills to the bakery to purchase bread.

Quote Originally Posted by ia1727 View Post
    Even their CEO looks like a "Wal-Mart" employee--I hate the place--hope they go under and stay there.

Steve
    I really dislike this type of thinking. It reaks of ignorance. Walmart is a business that employs thousands of people, pays taxes in communities, offer stocks for the market to buy and so on. They have a place in the free market and their customers like what they do. It's called competition. If you don't like what they do, vote with your wallet and move on. There's many reasons why the liberals attack this company on a daily basis and that's a big reason why I support walmart.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by BudRow View Post
    Buy your wheelbarrow now so you can haul your dollar bills to the bakery to purchase bread.
    I have two.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Bret4207, I am with you. All these walmart haters have not a clue. Walmart employs a HUGE amount of people and many of those make a very good wage. Lets see delivery driver $80 to 90 thousand a year, warehouse worker $14 hour (in Mississippi), Maintainece worker in same warehouse $20 hour, store manager $100k ish ( had a relative that did startups and he made around $250k after bonus (hear say), department manager makes retail standard wage, cashier retail standard, then there is the construction worker, truck driver that brings goods to walmart DC $60,000, then there is the supply chain employee's.
    Many people do not understand that retail companies do not have many full time employee's. Most of the people you see at the store's are part time. It is just how it works in retail from walmart to kroger to public's to target and on and on and on.

It seems to me that there are a bunch of UNION snobs here hating on the most prosperous company in the country. Go a head Hate, hope they fail. If they were to go under this country will fall harder than a 100 lead ball droped from 50,000 feet! Then all you haters could be happily paying whatever mark up the mom and pop wanted because there would be no competition. Then you can start hating on them and they can go out of business. And you can grow your own food. OOOOOOPS!!! Sorry I forgot most people do not live where they can garden or are too lazy, sorry. Well you can eat FIDDO and when he is gone you can eat your neighbor, if they do not eat you first.

So go a head KEEP HATING
    I would like a little lube with my OBAMA CARE!

Boolit Buddy
    The guy was saying that inflation is going to hit hard and they will be able to fight it off better than others BUT because of their huge buying power it will not be as bad for them but others will be worse of.

As far as the haters of Walmart it's been proven as a result of them just being around they save every American thousands of dollars a year by making sure their prices are low and forcing fat retailers not to fleece customers. I can see both sides of the coin but everywhere you see a Walmart open it's funny how you see a bunch of other smaller businesses open up right next to them and try to ride their coat tails. JMHO

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Someone may be printing the money, but they aren't sending it to us. If you think the guy is scare mongering about inflation, just go on about your business. It has been clear to me for two years that things continue to spiral down.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    Inflation is a flat tax on us all. If you print money that has not been backed up by an equal amount of value produced by goods and / or services, then you cheapen the dollars that are. Obama said he would not raise taxes on those making less than $250,000 - yeah, right. We are now "lending" ourselves money. I saw a book at Border's the other day that deals with Obama"s economic policy. It was titled "Trickle up Poverty". He wants to spread the wealth around. He seems to think that wealth is a finite quanity and to those that don't have it he says "That man over there has more money than he'll ever need and I am sure some of it is meant for you". The wealth is like electricity, it is generated. If you confiscate from the deserving and give it to the irresponsible then you destroy the incentive for the man who works hard and exspects to benefit from his labor. To the man that receives something for nothing, you destroy the incentive for seeking industry to secure benefit for himself. Sorry for the rant.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by blasternank View Post
    I know we've been experiencing it everytime we go to the store but now Walmart CEO is stating that he expects a lot of inflation by June-Not too far away! This is why an ignorant populist is so dangerous! They have no clue what printing all of that funny money really means!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...nflation_N.htm
    Barack Obama -- a half-black version of Jimmy Carter, but on steroids when it comes to arrogance, cluelessness and stupidity.

They have to pay for their class action suite somehow....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast