Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: Roulette, Pa. gun show

Boolit Master

Roulette, Pa. gun show

Anybody from here going to the Roulette, Pa. gun show on April 2, 2011?

Has been a good one in the past, albiet a bit small at just over 100 tables.

Boolit Mold
    I am...made a good excuse to go visit the in-laws in Port Allegany for the weekend.

Boolit Master

Gun show

I'll be there with one or two 12 year old boys, I'll be the old fart with a raggity old brown leather hat on (the boys call it my ugly hat). Perhaps I'll see ya there.
    Olevern

Boolit Buddy
    Where is it located? I'm from the Hazleton area, maby I can talk my Son into a road trip......................steg

Boolit Master
    Roulette is in Potter County, just down the road from the county seat (Coudersport) and just off route 6. Show is in the fire hall. Just get close and follow the signs.

Boolit Master

gun show

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlG View Post
    I am...made a good excuse to go visit the in-laws in Port Allegany for the weekend.
    Bring the wife, bring the kids (BTW kids 16 and under are free), see ya there.

Boolit Mold
    Any issue with strollers? Last gun show we went to, the wife and kids ended up walking around the mall due to a no stroller policy (which wasn't even posted anywhere).

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Any issue with strollers? Last gun show we went to, the wife and kids ended up walking around the mall due to a no stroller policy (which wasn't even posted anywhere).
    For any crowd situation, you are better off with a back pack or front pack to carry a kid. Or just plain carry them. People trip over strollers in crowds, not looking down, or behind them when they move around. This can lead to the kid getting hurt, or someone falling over the stroller and suing you. I've been run into before, and the persons pushing the strollers seem oblivious to the fact. Many gun shows and other public venues do not allow them. It shouldn't need to be posted, it is common sense.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    It can get pretty crowded in there. I don't know of any policy against strollers, however, that being said, I think you might have trouble getting it through the crowds.
    Hope to see you there. Look for the floppy, wrinkled old brown "ugly hat" and say hi.

Last edited by Olevern; 04-01-2011 at 04:00 PM.

Boolit Master
    Good show, purchased a Winchester 177 pellet gun, like new in the box, for $60.00, two metal cans of 3031 powder (unopened) for $12.50 each, three packages (metal cans) of Crossman .22 cal pellets for $10.00 and a French Mle 1874 military carbine, single shot bolt action in 11X59 Rimmed with a mint bore for $275.00. Gun is in really nice cond. with brass triggerguard and barrel bands carrying a nice patina. Most of the blue is turned a nice brown, but overall the gun is in very nice condition. Now the bad, it is missing the extractor, which I probably will have to have made, I will try but doubt I will be able to find an original. I know just the 'smith for the job, specializes in old military stuff and is an accomplished machinist, but, again, will try first to find an original. Will add pics tomorrow after church. Anybody having experience loading or case forming for this cart. please p.m. me.
    Last edited by Olevern; 04-03-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    It shouldn't need to be posted, it is common sense.
    So, you're telling me that I should take my kids out of their stroller, and carry them around? I have been run into at gun shows a lot more than my stroller ever has.

The main issue I had was that the promoters waited until AFTER I had paid to say the stroller wasn't allowed. Had they said something BEFORE I paid, I would have simply left. These people have an entire page of "rules" on their website, yet no mention of strollers.

Common Sense? You mean like watching where you are walking? That seems more common sense than not allowing strollers in a public venue.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    So, you're telling me that I should take my kids out of their stroller, and carry them around? I have been run into at gun shows a lot more than my stroller ever has.

The main issue I had was that the promoters waited until AFTER I had paid to say the stroller wasn't allowed. Had they said something BEFORE I paid, I would have simply left. These people have an entire page of "rules" on their website, yet no mention of strollers.

Common Sense? You mean like watching where you are walking? That seems more common sense than not allowing strollers in a public venue.
    Yep, that's pretty much what I'm saying. Strollers are a fairly new invention, and the old method worked well for quite a few years.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Another case where one is right no matter what common sense tells us what is right.

Sorta like, not me or my kid.

Boolit Mold
    Based on my limited research, strollers have been around approximately 300 years. Gun shows have not. This can't be a new issue for gun shows.

Also, I was simply trying to express the lack of respect shown by the promoter, by taking my money first, then telling me to not bring the stroller in. It's not like they couldn't see it; we were standing in line for several minutes. They may have a right to not allow strollers, that's fine. But they should have said so BEFORE they let me pay for admission.

Anyway, sorry to sidetrack this thread. For the record, it seemed that everyone at the Roulette show was happy to see the kids; even if they were in a stroller. This is one reason i prefer the smaller shows over the larger ones.