RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load Data Wideners

Thread: High standard Double nine ???

High standard Double nine ???

I have one of these and contacted The company with no help. It will misfire--not shoot 2 or 3 out of nine every time . I cant seem to figure out why. Ive took it comepletely apart and cleaned it,, no help. Can anybody here tell me or at least shoot me in the right direction to fix this. I would just leave it be,but my 12 yr old grandson loves to shoot it with those Highend Stag handles.????Thanks Steve

In Remebrance

Got the exact same gun and mine does the exact same thing. All I can figure is it's been dry fired to the point the rim recess is dented in causing a light FP strike. I can't see anything in mine that looks like I could iron it out. I've thought of extending the FP a tiny bit. Been a long time since I looked at it.

Is yours the chrome and white plastic stags like mine? Hopalong would've loved them!

Mines not Chrome its the black aluminum one. Ive looked at it several times trying to fix it. I thought about welding onto the hammer a little bit.Lol

Boolit Master

Check end shake and or head space, it's posible one or both.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Grand Master

I've a High Standard Sentinal that is every bit as accurate as any S&W .22LR I've tested. I've also repaired several Sentinals and Double Nines over the years with like symptoms as yours. They were caused by 2 reasons or both; a "home" trigger job where the trigger pull was shortened and lightened to the point that when the trigger broke the hammer block was sometimes hit by the hammer softening the blow to where misfires ocurred. Other reason was too many coils cut off the mainspring to lighten the DA pull. Solution in all cases was a new mainspring and trigger return spring. Unfortuneately that was back when parts could be had. I'm not sure if any of the surplus parts places have those parts. Wolf probably has springs that are replacement or would work. If it is in good condition and a good shooter it would be worth it (to me anyway) to get it fixed, especially for the grandson.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

Just a shot in the dark. Years ago I had the same problem with my Double Nine Convertible. Turned out I was chambering 22LR in the mag cylinder.

Boolit Master
    I believe Larry has the solution. I'd be gettin on the phone with the helpful poeple at Wolff springs.
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Thanks Guys I Am gonna try to order the parts,,I just didnt know where to start,,Thanks Again Steve

huli,

Numrich currently has all the parts to fix yours. Larry Gibson has the answer. A lot of Double Nines had an ABSOLUTELY rotten trigger pull. I have 2, one is a dream the other takes 2 hands. Both springs are exactly the same. I am going to tear down the one and polish all the surfaces before I do anything.
    Good luck, they are a ton of fun!!

Rich

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

Hopefully that works i ordered those springs and a pawl spring just because it was available,,Ill let yall know if it fixes it Thanks Steve

Thanks to all! Mainsring done the trick . I added a new onw( hard task to get back in) but shoots up a storm now. All nine evrytime Steve