WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Copper tubing jacket and bullet from BTSniper 257 dies!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    I am only using reloading presses so far for all my swaging needs. RCBS Rockchucker and Lee Classic Cast are my main two. So as long as you can fit a 7/8-14 regular threaded die and a shell holder style base punch or even better a threaded base punch of some sorts yes you will be able to use any of the dies I design.

The smaller the caliber bullet the less pressure/strength/force is needed to make bullets/jackets with. As for the copper tubing jacket and .257 bullets it could be done on even a 2nd rate reloading press IMOP.

BT
    Base punch: My Hollywood and my Bair use a threaded 1/2" tube through an unthreaded hole with a nut on the bottom and the shell holder on the top. Anything that can fit into that hole and be secured will work - almost ultimate flexibility. I'm gonna start saving my pennies!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    This afternoon my friendly mail-female delivered to my rural mail box a package from BT Sniper containing the maiden-sail set of .257 copper tubing jacketed bullet making dies.

I have to say something: I have several sets of BT's modified CH die sets, and they have performed flawlessly. But these new dies are different. Upon opening the box, it's like a light came on - they are beautiful! BT is making them from scratch - they are finely turned, nicely knurled, and highly polished inside and out.

I was of the feeling over the last year, that BT is a fairly new lathe owner, but these dies look like they are made by a seasoned pro. I own a couple sets of Corbin S dies, and placed side by side, BT's dies literally outshine the competition. And they came packed with a half dozen extra various punches, extensive written instructions (PMed to me), and a DVD containing an instructional video.

I am sad to report, however, that due to work schedule, it will be a week or more til I can devote some serious "play time". I just wanted to check in with y'all.

Brian, WELL DONE! (Now I NEED a set in .308 - even though I already have a set of Corbin .308 dies)

Folks, send him a PM; and when he tells you the price, know that you will get your money's worth.

Vendor Sponsor

I was very happy and proud with how they turned out. Being that they where one of my first sets there still may be room for improvment and certainly a bit of editing on the DVD

I expect to have a 40 cal reamer at my door any day now and certainly plan to put some 308 dies together. All it takes is time but I must say that the results have been well worth the effort it has taken me to learn this art and perfect the designs in these dies I will soon offer.

Glad you liked what you saw at first glance. Be sure and let me know if you need any assistance at all.

Thanks for your support, good shooting and Swage On!

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 05-19-2011 at 01:45 AM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master
    ooohhhh... Did I happen to read about using 5/16" tubing to make 308 - but that it starts out at 0.312".....

Well sir - hows about makin me a 0.314" HP for use in me Mosin Nagant Rifles with oversize bores.... Seems like jacket stock starting out at 0.312" would be a perfect starting point..... Then, you wouldn't have to worry about sizing down tube and then swaging it back up....

See - I can buy 308 and 311 bullets all day long... but 0.313 and 0.314" are a smidge harder to find...

Thanks

Boolit Mold
    Hi BT

Do you have die sets for sale for .375 (H&H) and .308 (Win)? I have the same idea to use tubing.

Kalahari Regards
    Nyati

Boolit Buddy
    How is the base formed on the 308 boolits???

Boolit Mold
    @BT Sniper, will you make a set of die for .312 jacketed bullets of 32 acp caliber from 5/16 copper tube? How much it will cost to me? I am from India.
    Regards
    Dr. Kitekar

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234