RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't take another week like this one. . .

In Remembrance

Angry Can't take another week like this one. . .

1. One of our family pets had to be put down.

2. We parted ways with the (adopted) daughter. She's a month away from turning 20 and is now 100% on her own. She'll not get another dime from us, has been written out of the will, and all but ex-communicated. This was all due to actions taken by her despite repeated pleas and warnings not to. But she did the things anyway--and it's the second time she's deliberately done these things for no other reason than to hurt us.

We only have one thing tying us still together, and I'm working on having that dealt with by the end of April/first of May. If at which time she is still in the mode of operation she is in, she is history.

3. My mom was admitted to the hospital with a mystery infection that the usual antibiotics wouldn't touch, then it was discovered five/six nights ago that she had osteomyletis plus a staph infection and then something else, infectious-wise, that was just serious as hell and if it hadn't been caught when it was caught (late in the day), she would not have survived the night.

The head of Infectious Diseases took over her case, brought in FOUR other doctors and two macrobiologists. Finally got a handle on the infections and Mom turned the corner late Wednesday evening. They discharged her from the hospital today and sent her home.

Arranged for home healthcare to come every five hours to check on her and administer the antibiotics through the PICC line they put in her, plus I have an RN coming twice a day to change bandages on the open wounds the infections caused--which are gawdawful looking.

The plane is fueled, loaded and pre-flighted. Leaving at first light in the a.m. to go see her and Dad. We're not a big family, but I'm not looking to see us get any smaller any time soon, either.

This one has had me worried sick.

4. We finished up our taxes. The results of that cannot even be commented on here without language that would have me banned from here permanently and then some. Same old carp every year and I'm sick and tired of being punished for having risen from hand-me-down clothes and growing up absolutely lower-class income--and worked my behind off, including tours in the military so I could get a GI bill and go to college, making smart business and investment decisions, being generous with our blessings and gifts. . . and every damned time this time of year rolls around, we get screwed harder, deeper and rougher by an out-of-control government.

Meanwhile, I see these *** welfare SOBs abusing the system SHAMELESSLY and doing with our money. OUR MONEY, folks! OUR MONEY. Not theirs.

http://gunsnplanes.blogspot.com/2011...-are-scum.html

Thought I was going to get arrested yesterday. The store manager told me he was going to call the police. I told him to tell them to bring a lunch.

Don't need another week like this last one.

Last edited by robertbank; 03-28-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Language

Boolit Master
    Recluse, I can only imagine what you're going through. When I read posts like your's, I realize how I have been blessed. My two sons are grown and married, and are both doing well on their own. My folks have both passed, and although I deeply miss them at times, they are in a better place.

I don't know if this will mean much to you or not, but I'll pray for you and your family. I wish I had words of encouragement for you, but in this economy with our current government, I fear that we have yet to see the worst of days. I fear that history will call our current misfortunes the 'good old days,' and merely the beginning of a new 'Great Depression.'
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Banned

Kinda makes one want to ask "who is John Galt?", doesn't it?

My solution is to live on the fringes of society, earn so little that there isn't much to take, and try not to be bitter that (at least it seems) no good deed goes un-punished. I grew up knowing that people like you would be bled to death in every way possible, and it makes me sick. Our beliefs differ considerably, but I'm sending some strong medicine a few hundred miles NE of here right now in hopes it will fade the anger, hurt, and worry a little so you can focus more on the compass and airspeed.

Gear

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I've had some doozeys but I think you've topped me .

Gods speed and fair winds.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Recluse,
    Man I thought my week was bad. But at least my 7 yr. old son got to come home from the hospital yesterday.
    I hope that things will straighten out for you soon. I will pray for you and your family. Stay strong and have faith. jmsj

Boolit Master

Recluse,
    You have my sympathies. Hopefully the saying, "it can only get better from here" will find you and yours for a long time to come.

About your mom -- My brother-in-law just had osteo-mylitis. Started in his jaw, of all places. Just an FYI, until a few years ago, this ifection was a death sentence for most people. New antibiotic cocktails have been found that address it, but it's still a very serious situation with lingering repurcussions. Hope everything with you mom turns out well. (Was the third infection MRSA?)

As far as your check-out line confrontation, I love it! It was probably her bad timing to be stupid in front of you when you were having a week from hell, but how ironic and entertaining that so many others joined in!! I've long advocated several major reforms to the welfare system, but I can't get anybody to listen to me...

(Such as: 1. Lifetime available benefit for unemployment, welfare, medical card, and food stamps should be 4 years; 2. Food Stamps should only be useable to buy the cheapeast groceries (generic or store-label) and then they should only be allowed to buy nutritional items, not the junk-food, as you've noted; 3. To keep unemployment, you have to show that you have applied at at least 5 potential employers per week; 4. No extra benefit for more than one child, except food stamps and medical card; 5. Unemployment benefits should require the person to take any job offered, not just one that is at a similar or higher rate of pay (and the unemployment benefit could pro-rate to make up the remainder, but your still burning the 4-yr. clock of your benefits.)

Anyway, sorry for the hijack, and here's hoping the remaining weeks of 2011 are much better for you.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Banned
    My friend, My week of hell pales in comparison to yours. I agree 100% on your thoughts posted on your blog though...After being told I make 12 dollar too much to qualify for assistance, but would qualify if I signed my OWNED HOME over to them, I'd get assistance, I about snapped.

Godspeed and smooth sailing my friend.

Boolit Master

My immediate family has been blessed with MRSA, C-Diff, intestinal blockages, congestive heart failure, colo-rectal cancer, perforated colon, and so on, over the last 1 1/2 years, but nothing as concentrated as yours, Recluse. Things will get better. And things will keep going, no matter what.

And a BIG WAY TO GO, re the welfare maggot. I have forwarded the blog to my address book.

From another Texan...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Regarding food stamps I have to agree to some point. Much to my embarrassment, we received food stamps for a few months. I had been out of work for a year and a half by then, going back to school on taxpayer money. They told us we could have been getting food stamps the whole time, even though we still had money in the bank!

The amount we received, especially after unemployment ended, was obscene; far more than needed. We could have lived on steak and shrimp every day. I'm all for helping people whenever we can, but having received food stamps I strongly agree that what may be purchased should be limited.

Boolit Master

Talking

Hang in there Recluse hopefully the better weather will bring nicer things. I remember what you had written about your daughter here and what you had gone through with her and hopefully she will come to here senses in a short time.

Boolit Grand Master
    Recluse--

Brother, fervent hopes and ongoing prayers that all things turn around and run well for you and yours. Style points awarded for the store action, too. Welfare and food stamps are a safety net--not a lifestyle choice. Don't get me started with that rant.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Atta boy on the checkout line! As for the rest, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May GOD in his infinate wisdom guide you and yours and may he bless you and yours and lift these burdens from you.

Moderator Emeritus

Hang in there Recluse. Prayers sent re your Mother. I know from first hand experience that adopted children can tear your heart out but can come around also. Please consider leaving her an out that at some time she might have a refuge, however temporary or permanant if she can change her ways.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Recluse,

I was taught a long time ago that God will never give you a burden larger than you can carry. Things will improve. Trust me.

That said...

Just had a thought... (Danger!, Will Robinson!)

Why don't we start a campaign to get Congress to pass a law requiring special labeling for foods that qualify to be purchased with public assistance? I don't think I need to elaborate on this.

Regards,

Stew
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

CAVU and tailwinds...
    "These are not hi-capacity magazines, these are standard capacity magazines. High capacity is belt fed from the can."

Boolit Master
    Hang in there. A few years ago my father died on my birthday(my brother and I found him) A day later my sister died of cancer. I got my birthday card in the mail from my dad the day we found him. We settled their estates and my end of the estate taxes was 53 THOUSAND dollars... Yep you read that right. Could have really helped the kids with college with an extra 53 grand... I have worked for a living since I was 12 years old... I too am also tired of the freeloaders. I see them everyday when I'm out on the streets.. Hang in there.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry about your week and hardships. I hope this week goes better for you!

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of your week Recluse. I could tell you horror stories of things that have happened here but that wouldn't accomplish anything. Hang on and remember that this is a fallen world. I try to look around and see that my problems are (1) of my own making (2) something I really should have seen coming (3) just part of life. I still feel bad when things happen. I'm just human. I really do try to look around and see those who are worse off than myself. It seems to help me appreciate what I have. Two weeks ago my older brother (62) suffered a massive stroke. He just got out of intensive care and is paralized on his left side. He can't sleep or talk and they are putting a feeding tube in his stomach some time today. He turned 62 the first part of March. One week before this stroke, he and his wife of 42 years inherited the family farm of 80 acres where she has lived since birth. They do not have health insurance......... 2 weeks intensive care, surgeries and no end in site. Dang. That is just the way things happen some times. I try to keep my thoughts on things above and not down here. Sorry for the post. It kind of helps to type out how you feel at times. No matter what happens.......... you are not alone ( I gotta keep reminding myself of that). I can get so easily caught up in what is negative in my life. I'm going to take a deep breath, thank God for what I have and head into work now. Enjoy today guys. I'm going to give it a good try.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

And I did. Had a pretty good day at work. Sorry about the bummer post above
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Thoughts and prayers, that's all that can be said.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar