Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Survey - Any AR platform users of 7.62X39?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    johnly what mags and how many rounds in the mag are you using?

I have a friend that had the colt but with 20 round AR mags only could load 8 in 'em and get em to work - trying the 30 rnd AR mag didn't improve it's performance.
    I have a few of Colt 7.62x39mm magazines and purchased some C-Products magazines that seem to work ok.

Banned

One other little trick for even the good cproducts mags that makes them even better is to install wolf extra power ak47 mag springs in them. Ive done it to all of mine.

Boolit Master
    I have the DPMS barrel and bolt. I bought the plastic mags and a couple of C Products mags. They feed spotty. The recoil is quite a lot more than 223. It was only a couple hundred bucks and I've got lots of 7.62X39 so I figured why not.

Boolit Master

There are better cartridges in that power range for the AR platform for sure.

After all the criticism over mag problems I decided to order a 300 Blackout /30 Whisper barrel and dies for the AR

I already have a 221 Fireball bolt action, the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. 10 shot groups that you can cover with a dime at 100yds time after time. And at 200, all shots inside 1". [ 50gr V-Max, 15.5gr LilGun ]

You get the government you deserve.

Stay out of politics? Don't VOTE?

Do nothing and you deserve whatever the government does to you, your family's lives and all your futures.

Boolit Master

I'd like to get a 300 BLK upper but can't find anyone who sells them to answer my e-mails. Must be a hot item right now.

Boolit Master

I shot you one back, you might check your spam. Ive had several people tell me that my emails end up in their spam box. Or just shoot me a pm here.

Boolit Master
    If I "had " to have a 7.62 x 39 I think I'd try one of these. http://www.mgimilitary.com/store/ind...products_id=44
    But I don't need one that bad.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety".
    Benjamin Franklin

Where an excess of power prevails, property of no sort is duly respected. No man is safe in his opinions, his person, his faculties, or his possessions.
    James Madison

Well....with a lower THAT overpriced ($499), it eliminates any financial savings on ammo or magazines. You could buy a regular lower and with the saved $350.00 by hundreds of rounds of .223 and AR magazines too easier.

They obviously never learned the secret to a successful business....sell low priced and sell a LOT to make your profit.

At that outrageous high price, they will soon go out of business. They are not offering 'value', just a curiosity few will want.

You get the government you deserve.

Stay out of politics? Don't VOTE?

Do nothing and you deserve whatever the government does to you, your family's lives and all your futures.

Boolit Master

I now own a 7.62x39 upper (16" barrel) in addition to my 300 BLK upper. I use ASC Magazines and have had 100% reliability with them in using jacketed as well as cast lead loads through them. The ASC Magazines are stainless steel and have extra strong springs in them as well to ensure reliable feeding. They fit 25 rounds in the magazines and I've never had a double-jam either.

Its a nice 200 yard cartridge paired up with the better aperture sights of the AR upper.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

The part of Texas that has Gators and Spanish Moss instead of Longhorns and Cactus...
    Quote Originally Posted by windrider919 View Post
    Well....with a lower THAT overpriced ($499), it eliminates any financial savings on ammo or magazines. You could buy a regular lower and with the saved $350.00 by hundreds of rounds of .223 and AR magazines too easier.

They obviously never learned the secret to a successful business....sell low priced and sell a LOT to make your profit.

At that outrageous high price, they will soon go out of business. They are not offering 'value', just a curiosity few will want.
    Just out of curiosity, I followed that link, the domain name is now up for sale.
    windrider ​sure nailed that one!
    7.62 NATO, It's kinda like 5.56 NATO, but for men...

I see D&H has recently came out with curved AR mags for 7.62x39. I want to pick up a 7.62x39 upper sometimes to run steel ammo in. I have been looking around and it looks like an extra power hammer spring is needed to help ignite the hard primers on the steel case. Should be a nice little project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12