Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Question about LBT design

Boolit Man

Question about LBT design

I would like to know what you think of the designs on their riflebullets both FN ond spitser. And how they works for you
    Regards
    Math

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    The sharper the point, the more accurately the gun has to be made for that design. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    I'm looking at the spitzer design as well and hope some folks chime in! I'd like to know as well.

Boolit Master
    Math, I have a 165 grain LFN in .30 caliber that is unremarkable in either .30-30, .308, or .30'06. I've had much better results with Mountain Mold, Lyman and especially RCBS. But in all fairness, the Mountain Molds were cut for my rifles whereas the LBT was purchased from a friend for an unknown rifle. Even so, the off the shelf Lyman and RCBS still outperforms it. HTH
    JDL

Boolit Master
    I have the 150 Spitzer in 30 caliber. It is fairly simple (I managed to do it) to get accuracy up to 2600 fps.

I wouldn't use it for hunting anything other than groundhogs though, no mater how fast I drove it. Then you would want the FN versions.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I have a SP design for a 308 and it groups rather easy , the FN design I ordered for an 303 is just as easy to make work .

So far I haven't had any problem getting an LBT design to outperform any lyman I have in most cases .

Jack

Boolit Grand Master

I have only one rifle boolit mold from Viral. It is a 7mm 130 gr and is very accurate at
    the moderate velocities that I load it to. I have never tried pushing it hard.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

I used the 180 SP in my 30/30 as my standing gun for silhouette. I have also used it in my Wichita 30BC and 308 for unlimited international. To say that it is accurate, and that I like Verals designs is an understatement.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Actually the more blunt a bullet is, the less velocity it takes to stablize them. If we accept that, then Veral's WFN designs should be accurate at low velocities with enough ogive curve to support straight penetration.