RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electronic/Digital Reloading Scales

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range
    Rocky,

That WOULD work, but the DPS 1200 is almost all plastic. I don't have a lot of faith that connecting an alligator clip to plastic (assuming I can find a place to clip it) will create a reliable ground path. Now, for the metal measures, measure stands and metal beam scales, I have no question that it would work.

I'll have to take a look at the bottom of the Lyman. Maybe I can attach a piece of metal window screen (if I can find any) that covers the entire bottom of the machine. That may have enough area to drain off the static from the rest of the housing. I could clip the alligator to that and get a decent path to ground. Points to ponder...

Regards,

Stew
    Last edited by AZ-Stew; 03-23-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    Sig file change:
    "Obi Wan Baloney"
    VOTE 2012! Throw them out! Every last one of them! (Feel free to add this to your sig. Spread the word!)

"...Get a rope." Pace Picante Sauce commercial, ca. 1984

"I (did, on several occasions) swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against ALL enemies, foreign AND domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same." And when I left, they never asked me to recant.

Quote Originally Posted by 462 View Post
    Started with a balance bean, bought an electronic and used it till it started giving erratic readings (verified by the balance beam), went back to the balance beam and couldn't be happier. I do use the electronic scale to weigh boolits, though.
    My experience exactly.

Jeff

Stew, I've never worked with a Lyman 1200, so forgive my ignorance. There must be a groundable point somewhere inside the thing. Run a short piece of wire from that and clip the alligator to it.

No grounding would be a problem with any unit that uses a "wall wart" transformer, of course. Adding a ground via the method suggested might solve problematic readings with anybody's scales or dispenser.

Boolit Bub
    Antistatic cello-tape should do the trick also. I'm using one of the bags from an old hard-drive, working so far pretty good.

Here's a link for tapes and other antistatic stuff.

http://www.antistaticmat.net/Antistatic_Tapes.php