Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: $ for wheel weights

Boolit Buddy

$ for wheel weights

Been reading the sticky on how much in a 5 gallon bucket so I thought I'd ask here about current values of 5 gallons of wheel weights: is $10.00 for a 5 gallon bucket full of wheel weights a good deal ?

If so--how much would/should you expect to pay for a 55 gallon drum full ? Friends of mine called a friend of theirs in the tire business and he asked if I wanted 5 or 55 gallons of wheel weights--wow--almost blew me away---guess it turns out he has a few 55 gallon drums full also.

Steve

Wow I'd say so lol I just got told 50 bones for a 5 gallon bucket.
    Nathan

Casting and reloading novice

If it was me,..I'd buy all I could afford and then some. Even if you don't ever think you will shoot it all, it makes great trading material, or make you a couple of bucks for a project. Down here in Texas most folks are either getting really stingy with theirs or the company they work for makes them recycle through some program. Personally I have never paid for any. But I don't come across them like I used to either.

My ¢2
    Armorer

Longwood
    When I ask the dealers for them, I ask them "Would you like for me to dispose of your toxic waste for you?
    I got three buckets full in the last year for free. Every place I asked, they seemed glad to get it off of their hands and I was more than glad to take it and they all knew darn well what I was going to use it for. Two places even loaded it in my tuck for me.
    I had one greedy dealer say "They are worth money", so I told him to sell them then, as I walked out.
    I suspect California to do like they did for every auto shop and car dealer and make them pay for a permit (TAX) to have a used oil receptacle on the premises.

Usually I average around $20 per 5 gal bucket. I paid $30 for one today, not quite full. After sorting, I have 105 lbs of clip on and 6 lbs of stick-on. Not too bad, but not as good as I've done in the past. I'm happy anytime I can get my hands on WW's tho, so pretty easily pleased. For $10 a bucket, I'd buy every WW the guy has.
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Buddy
    Get all the cheap stuff you can afford! and borrow money for the higher priced! Anything cheaper than buying ingots from a supplier should be bought now while you still can. It will never be this cheap, and may not be as easy to find tomorrow.

Boolit Master

That is a very good deal. Make sure you get all you can.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Buy it all, melt it into ingots (below 700 degrees) and you'll be able to sell it all day for $1/lb.

Boolit Grand Master

Run, don't stop, except to borrow the funds, to get every piece available. WWs are poor mans GOLD. Just store them in the dry, and in a short time you can realize a good profit on them. Smelt only what you need as ya use them.
    They will trade better raw than in ingots, because of guaranteed contents.
    Offers like this are obviously unusual and disappearing. Quantities of this volume are old stock and should have few zinc and iron.

Boolit Master
    Get them if you can,the days of cheap or free ww are over it seems.

Yeha, $10 for 5gal, even if half are useful is a good price today. If yo ucan snake a 55gal drum for less than $120, start counting out the $20s!