RepackboxWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: What knives do you carry everyday?

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Pepe Ray -

pants pocket - Case XX 2 blade (ten dot from 1970) with red bone handles
    truck / back pack - Leatherman and Queen large single blade
    hunting - Buck and Mora / Frost

My dad would come back from the grave if I didn't have a knife in my pocket and it wasn't shaving sharp. Anybody want to see the bare spots on my left arm right above the wrist where I have to prove it to the people I work with? There isn't but 5 or 6 people that work here that even carry a pocket knife much less have one that will cut. And I live in central Kentucky in a rural area. Carrying a good, sharp knife is fast becoming a lost tradition.

Steve
    Last edited by curiousgeorge; 03-28-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    Hi Pepe Ray -

pants pocket - Case XX 2 blade (ten dot from 1970) with red bone handles
    truck / back pack - Leatherman and Queen large single blade
    hunting - Buck and Mora / Frost

My dad would come back from the grave if I didn't have a knife in my pocket and it wasn't shaving sharp. Anybody want to see the bare spots on my left arm right above the wrist where I have to prove it to the people I work with? There isn't but 5 or 6 people that work here that even carry a pocket knife much less have one that will cut. And I live in central Kentucky in a rural area. Carrying a good, sharp knife is fast becoming a lost tradition.

Steve
    Ya gotta be kidding me! Of course. I haven't lived in Kentucky for about 45 years, but the first thing my "holler" relatives did was to compare pocket knives when they got together and then get out the "squirrel" rifles. I guess most of the old "briars" have died off. I only have an aunt left in Mt. Sterling. I do have my Dad's Hen & Rooster.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Buddy

Kershaw 1500BP in the pocket (small folder), custom folder on my belt, a issue size Gurka Kukri in the truck. and a Kukri officers model on the tractor.
    Life member NRA and Texas State Rifle Assoc.
    Big bore air rifle shooter

Boolit Buddy
    casterofboolits

Not only are most of the old "briars" disappearing at an alarming rate, but the rural country store where briars traded for briars are nearly a thing of the past. When I was a kid, it was a big deal to go to one of 3 local gathering spots at night. All the old gents whittling fuzz sticks with there own personal piece of red cedar. Not uncommon to see more good knives in one old country store in one night than what is being carried today in some so-called knife stores in the mall. My favorite part was the squirrel rifles. My dad was the knife man, I was the gun kid. Still, I learned to appreciate a good knife, and my dad made dang sure that I could sharpen one.

By the way, we do still have a few hills and hollers in Green County.

Steve

for over50 years i carried 2 Queen MOD 36 lockblades .
    thay finey wore out now i carry two other kind that i was given but i am still looking for he queen
    mod 36 . i called the plaint years age no help the 36 was no longer beening madeso i keep looking at knife shows stores any place i think there may be .
    some day i may get lucky.

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Boolit Bub
    Gerber or buck light, the gerber was made in the usa not sure about the buck, both have the clips on them, never leave home without one or the other !!!
    Bigfoot

Boolit Man
    I always have my SOG Tomcat 3 on my hip. Thing opens and closes like it has roller bearings and is as sharp as when I first got it. Only downfall is I wish it had a pocket clip.

A Gerber lockblade that fits in the coin pocket of my jeans. People are suprised how fast it can come out. Had one there since my biker days.

Boolit Master
    I've carried dozen's of different knives, and my fav. is an old case trapper 10 dot, that has real bone handles. oh' yea it's sharp. what makes me laugh, is people that carry a knive with the factory ground edge, and say man this one is sharp! haha.

Boolit Master
    Right now, I carry a Gerber LST Ultralight, but I hope to get a Rainbow Leek sometime. I gave away two of them I bought for myself before I had a chance to carry them.

By the way, the titanium oxide coating on a Rainbow Leek helps the knife open faster and slicker than the plain old stainless steel models, at least for the ones I have seen.

Boolit Buddy
    an spyderco strech half serrated ,one of the best sharp knife that i have ,but not sure that bolt knive are allowed here
    i prefer light knive for ever day carry than an buck 110 or an puma.

Boolit Master

These are the knives I've been carrying for the last two years.
    CRKT M16-14D clip to my right front pocket
    EK M3 fighting knife worn on belt when I got outside the wire
    Dawson on right hip inside the wire
    Spydeco Endura when running PT
    Scharade Stockman 340T in left front pocket

not shown is a Gerber pocket tool in my 3 day assualt bag.

CD
    Last edited by Combat Diver; 03-31-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Gerber Harsey Ranger carried clipped in the right shirt pocket. Tougher than hammered owl poop. I've carried it so long the grips are nearly smooth but it is as tight as when I first got it.

Boolit Man
    Thanks for your service Combat Diver.

Boolit Master
    when i first started to carry a knife[ 10 years old ] it was a barlow. then i found a case traper in a box of junk carried that for years. i won a buck 371 stockman at a muzzloader match. i have been carring that for 4 years now.

if i don't have a knife in my pocket i feel like i forgot my pants

Boolit Buddy
    Buck 482 folder clipped on my pocket, a stag handled Bear MGC trapper in my pocket, and a Leatherman Micra in the other pocket with my keys.

Boolit Master
    My favorite carry knife, my Blindhorse knife. I gutted a couple deer with it this season, and it made pretty quick work of them.

Boolit Master

In multitools I favor the original Leatherman PST. For a pocket knife it's either a Swiss Army or an ancient Buck Stockman.

If I need a larger knife I have a Buck 110, a custom D2 bladed hunting knife, and a couple of knives by Ivan Campos.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

I've carried many over the years. My first one was an old timer 3 blade pocket which I carried throughout school only because I got a knife pulled on me for a nickle for my milk money in the back of the class!!! Today my boy has quite the knife collection but I tell him never ever forget to take the knife out of your pocket before you go to school you will be in a world of hurt. So last year he takes a can of Axe spray and a lighter to school (he's 13) and gets busted for making a flame thrower!!! When I flew to New York the week before 9/11 I had a big lock blade Schrade in my carry on. The screener stopped me because it picked up on the xray (I plum forgot it was in there) he opened it and held it across a part of the conveyer and said yep it's ok. Four inches and under was ok!!! Today I carry a Kershaw Blackout assisted opening. Damn fine piece of American craftsmanship. It is honed to shave my arm hairs too!!!
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)

Banned

Rapid river chub or a bark river canadian

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast