WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old Dog. what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    sorry guys i consider myself a tough sob but i could no more shoot my dog in the head to put it down as i could my son. It would be about like him dieing in the hospital and me having a choise as to pull the plug or take him out in the woods and shoot him. I hold nothing against guys who can but not this guy! hes been to good of a freind to send him off by turning his head to mush!
    I here that!

She is in a better place today........... <sad>
    Thanks all for your support.

Banned

Dont know what to say duke. I know you must be hurting right now and nothing i could say would do a pinch of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    Dont know what to say duke. I know you must be hurting right now and nothing i could say would do a pinch of good.
    I'm good Lloyd but thanks.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear it Duke.

This is how I acquired Pepsi. I used to do Lhasa Apso and Shih Tzu rescue in Portland and Vancouver. Not many dogs there need rescuing both areas being very dog friendly. Animal control calls us up out of the blue and tells us the neighbors all filed criminal complaints that some people were using a small dog as a chew toy for there Rottweilers and the state of Oregon was going to file criminal charges against the people per my investigation or heavy fines if I placed Pepsi in our home. Looked like the the couple were looking at a minimum of 2 years and they had children. He was the owner of a huge furniture company.
    Usually I bring the rescue dogs home keep for 3 to 4 months teach them some table manners and most don't know how to play. So I teach them how to play and of course they get a nice grooming.
    I put and add in the paper with a hefty price to ward off the looky loo's and get 10 to 15 couples apply.
    Couples only with these breed as they need lots of companionship. Who I select to get the dog is a older retired stay at home couple and most times they don't have alot of money so they get them for 1/4 my recovery fee. But Pepsi was unique so I kept her.
    These two breeds of dogs don't fair to well around noisy energetic children especially the Lhasa. The Lhasa's are a reserved dog indigenous to the monasteries of Tibet for the last 1000 years and used as sentry dogs for their highly acute hearing to set of the bigger dogs barking. Also the Monks would let their fine hair grow long and shave them in the summer and make fine items from the silky soft fur. Both breeds do like to play but on their terms like throwing a jack ball or stealing a sock that was cast off and act just like cats. The Lhasa is considered a highly prize item in Tibet and never sold but given as a fine valuable gift.
    The Lhasa are biters!!! For sure! And very protective especially of females.
    I tell friends that stop by if she took Pepsi to the store with them and someone reached in their car, the "Bad Guy" would guaranteed receive several nasty painful bites before he new what hit him.
    Pepsi lived 17 1/2 years. Good diet and she used to run with me. Diet and exercise.
    I still have the Shih Tzu though........
    Last edited by Just Duke; 04-05-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Boolit Master

Talking

Thanks for letting us know about rescuing dogs Duke it make me feel good. I had a surprise yesterday, last fall a black cat showed up at my house and my four cats would be at the window whenever he came around and the wife and I would feed him. After the first snow storm he disappeared and we were wondering if he was OK and yesterday he showed up so he got a nice plate of food. I am checking to see when he comes back today so I can feed him again. The three cats that we have left are acting different since Goofy died as he was the big guy around here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123