Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: corbin

corbin

for sale, uncommon here, used, quite costly, o.c._
    I know nothing first-hand about Corbin presses, therefore
    I ask if in some way this C. press can make some real difference :
    I'm on swaging, (or better playing with) .44magnum jacketed bullets from .40S&W cases only, with standard dies, using my Ammomaster RCBS.
    I don't plain produce/swage serious rifle bullets in my future, if any_
    if someone know which model is the press in the photo, and more or less the retail price new, if can accept standard dies, etc., I could have some idea about if make the deal or not_
    any info really welcome/thanks to all
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CORBIN.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	319983
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Master
    That is the "mega mite" press. As for price you will have to look at Corbin's website as I got mine about 30 years ago.

Moderator Emeritus
    That is a CSP-1. The mega mite is an even bigger press. Here is the info: http://www.corbins.com/csp-1.htm

Current price is $949 from his web site.

I have one and it is very nice. They will work with standard 7/8x14 dies and shell holders. However, they are really made to work with the Corbin S series of dies for swaging. The press features an auto eject mechanism that works very well when using the S dies.
    Last edited by garandsrus; 11-15-2023 at 07:47 PM.

thank about the answers_ now I can better search directly etc._
    (but other comments, if any, will be welcome anyway !)
    Rob

I bought one of these years ago, used. Best investment I ever made for swaging. I use a lot less effort than with a loading press. Dies have gotten obscenely expensive. A 3 die set will run about $800.00 and up. You may want to check out this page for prices:

https://www.swagedies.com/mm5/mercha...ry_Code=SSWAGE
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    I bought one of these years ago, used. Best investment I ever made for swaging. I use a lot less effort than with a loading press. Dies have gotten obscenely expensive. A 3 die set will run about $800.00 and up. You may want to check out this page for prices:
    https://www.swagedies.com/mm5/mercha...ry_Code=SSWAGE
    ...dies belong to a different spending orientation which would not be justified by my needs, leave alone my wallet_
    but above all, I wonder if the CSP-1, even used/half retail price, will really change my life compared to the Ammomaster, which for now works without problems_ (...doubts...)
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
    ...dies belong to a different spending orientation which would not be justified by my needs, leave alone my wallet_
    but above all, I wonder if the CSP-1, even used/half retail price, will really change my life compared to the Ammomaster, which for now works without problems_ (...doubts...)
    I am not sure if you would gain any advantages using it like a loading press. If you ever think you might get the Corbin dies, the price of the press will only go up in the future.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    I am not sure if you would gain any advantages using it like a loading press. If you ever think you might get the Corbin dies, the price of the press will only go up in the future.
    Sasquatch-1, I apologize for having expressed myself with little clarity, and maybe I should have posted my thread straight in the swaging section.
    the possible purchase (and my related doubts) concerned the use in the swaging .40 cases to produce sjsp .44 bullets only, where I currently get by with the ammomaster_
    if I bought the used Corbin, however I would use standard adapted or homemade dies and self-made punches, etc., the same tools I use on my ammomaster_
    (I don't foresee purchases of Corbin dies due to costs today, so probably even less in the future)_
    regarding precision loading, I use other more suitable dies&presses, anyway_
    Thank you for any thoughts or opinions on the matter...
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wilecoyote View Post
    Sasquatch-1, I apologize for having expressed myself with little clarity, and maybe I should have posted my thread straight in the swaging section.
    the possible purchase (and my related doubts) concerned the use in the swaging .40 cases to produce sjsp .44 bullets only, where I currently get by with the ammomaster_
    if I bought the used Corbin, however I would use standard adapted or homemade dies and self-made punches, etc., the same tools I use on my ammomaster_
    (I don't foresee purchases of Corbin dies due to costs today, so probably even less in the future)_
    regarding precision loading, I use other more suitable dies&presses, anyway_
    Thank you for any thoughts or opinions on the matter...
    I would say if you can afford it buy it. Compared to a Rock Chucker, the strokes are a lot easier. I found I needed less pressure using the "S" press.

... again thank you very much!
    Rob