RotoMetals2Ballisti-CastTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Graf & SonsInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyStainLess Steel Media

Thread: Lyman Accumeasure rotor chart

Lyman Accumeasure rotor chart

Steve here... I googled searched and searched for the chart with no luck...
    I called Lyman today and they faxed this chart to me. Like the sign says. It is the rotor powder chart for the Old Lyman Accumeasure. Thought maybe a few of you guys could use it as well
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lyman Accumeasure rotor chart.pdf  

Thanks! I was just looking at buying one of these so this is great. Any chance they'd have instructions too?

Quote Originally Posted by z4lunch View Post
    Steve here... I googled searched and searched for the chart with no luck...
    I called Lyman today and they faxed this chart to me. Like the sign says. It is the rotor powder chart for the Old Lyman Accumeasure. Thought maybe a few of you guys could use it as well
    Steve

Boolit Master
    I've had mine a LONG time but I don't remember it having instructions. There ain't many parts and it's sure not complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptar View Post
    Thanks! I was just looking at buying one of these so this is great. Any chance they'd have instructions too?
    You bet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotor 1.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	30572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotor 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	30573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotor 3.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	30574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rotor 4.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	30575  

Steve here... Can't believe they stopped making these. Mine works like a dream...
    I also stumbled upon an old Bonanza Bullseye powder measure, only came with two rotors, but look easy enough to make.
    Steve

Awesome Thanks!

I found out the one I am looking at doesn't have the rotor I'll need. I'm still interested but I'll need to find one to throw the charge I need.

I've not seen one in person so if you could answer a couple of questions maybe for me it would help a bunch.

What makes it "Pistol" powder measure? Is the whole thing smaller than a regular measure or does it just throw smaller pistol size charges and not rifle?

Can it only be used with a charging die or can it be used manually on a stand also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptar View Post
    Awesome Thanks!

I found out the one I am looking at doesn't have the rotor I'll need. I'm still interested but I'll need to find one to throw the charge I need. There is a set of rotors on gunbroker.

I've not seen one in person so if you could answer a couple of questions maybe for me it would help a bunch.

What makes it "Pistol" powder measure? Its for small charges...Yes
    Is the whole thing smaller than a regular measure or does it just throw smaller pistol size charges and not rifle? pistol or small rifle charges...It is about the size of a little dandy

Can it only be used with a charging die or can it be used manually on a stand also... I use mine with a stand
    Good luck Steven

Steven,

Thank You! Huge help!

Boolit Master

Resurrecting old thread...

There's currently a great buy-it-now deal on "more than 10 available" AccuMeasures on a certain well known auction site. It says "no rotors" but the picture shows the usual 2 it should come with, so there's a little risk there but I'm suspecting it is seller unfamiliarity and that it probably has three rotors. It is misfiled as a powder scale instead of a powder measure. I have no relationship with the seller, other than I just bought one.

Item number: 170732401565

I suspect the measure was discontinued due to the cost of the brass in the rotor. Brass keeps going up in price while cheap steel is still pretty cheap. On top of that it was introduced at the dawn of the age of the affordable progressive reloading press, and batch mode handgun reloading was not the growth market. Declining sales on a product going up in cost is not a great recipe for product success.

I still like mine enough to buy another, especially when the price is right.

EDIT: I just received it, it was like opening a time package. New, came with one rotor installed and two more, and a brand new 1992 catalog with lots of "new" products, and the 9/90 dated powder volume chart. I'll have to compare it to the 86 chart I've been using.

HF
    Last edited by HangFireW8; 03-24-2012 at 06:18 PM.