Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationPBcastco
WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyd23 View Post
    Wow, thanks for the links, I was looking for a place to start reading up as I have never casted in my life but really want to get into it.
    Your welcome Mikey, this book is an outstanding place for new casters to start. Great info for the old salts too but indispensible for new casters. I highly recommend downloading and printing it out for future reference.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

thanks rick

Boolit Grand Master

Your welcome Rags and welcome to CastBoolits.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

I am now reading the book on my ipad full of great information many thanks.

Just printed the book off and will get it into a binder very soon. This will be great reading and a reference once I get my casting materials in. Very excited to add casting to my shooting hobbies.
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

I actually printed this out, took it to Office Depot and had them put it into a coil-binder for me with clear cover. Now it is sitting on my reloading bench in the "Man Cave" for when I want to enjoy a drink and get away from the world with some educational reading.
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Boolit Bub

Thumbs up

I am reading it now.

I must say that just the chapter on lubes is worth many times the price I had to pay for it.

The authors did an exceptional job with that chapter, taking a rather complicated issue and explaining it in a way that even I could understand. Many thanks to all involved.

Boolit Master

Boy, casters are great people. Thanx, cbrick and Glen.........
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

I am going to print this out and keep in my files , Also. Thanks right on for what casters need.
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Buddy

I love the book I have read over 50% of it so far. It would be great if it was converted to kindle format, I would be glad to pay $'s for the book in kindle format. The PDF doesn't render very well on my kindle.

Boolit Master
    Find a program called calibre. It converts PDF to kindle or book files.

I went ahead and converted it for Kindle and Nook. If anyone would like the files let me know. I can email them.
    Last edited by prsman23; 08-01-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by prsman23 View Post
    Find a program called calibre. It converts PDF to kindle or book files.

I went ahead and converted it for Kindle and Nook. If anyone would like the files let me know. I can email them.
    I used the Amazon PDF to kindle email service but it really breaks up the reading as the scrolling jumps around the page. I will look at calibre. I finished the book on the plane today it was a great read. It left me wanting the rifle companion.

I would still be glad to pay for this one and for the followup.

Boolit Master
    Best book in years to come across.
    I actually found it surfing the web sometime back, before joining this forum. The fact that so many members here are so eager to help others in the pursuit of casting speaks volumns about the people generally involved in this pasttime.
    Thanks, Rick, for all your work.

I just found this and WOW! My kids decided this Christmas that Dad needed to add casting to his reloading/hand loading routine, so I received a couple of Lee molds, a bottom pour furnace and a Lyman manual. Never cast a boolit and no clue where to start. Now maybe I'll learn enough to ask intelligent questions on here. Thanks doesn't do it, Rick, but you have my anyway
    All government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery - Jonathan Swift
    You have enemies? Good, it means you've done something with your life - Winston Churchill

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in the same boat as you histed. I just got into reloading in general and later this year I have plans on getting into cast boolits. I have both 10# and 20# lee bottom pour furnaces from my sinker making company, I'm just needing the boolit molds and other equipment to get started. What a great find here! Can't wait to transfer it to my tablet for easy, portable reading.

This book simply fell from reloaders heaven. Thanks Glen and all Involved with such an endeavor. Thanks also to Rick for posting the PDF link for it. I wish I had stumbled upon it just a mer 3 weeks ago. The importaint thing is, I have it now and feel its a new start to my added ( namely Casting) new addition to reloading. Great find!!!

Boolit Master
    While you're at the LASC site, also go to the Index to All Articles, and check out some other really good articles, especially:

Ed Harris' "Leading Defined"

Felix' "Babbitt - As Bullet Alloy"

Rick Kelter's "Cast Bullet Alloys & Alloy Maintenance", and "Alloying with RotoMetal's Super Hard"

Dave

Joshua 24: 15

I'm reading this book now and it references a chapter on safety saying in a few places to be sure to read that chapter but I don't find it anywhere in the pdf or html versions. Is the online version missing a chapter or did that chapter just never get written?
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine ownself be true

Hey Dave. I will check those that you referenced and thanks for the heads up on them. Some more good stuff I know!!!

Roy.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
    I'm reading this book now and it references a chapter on safety saying in a few places to be sure to read that chapter but I don't find it anywhere in the pdf or html versions. Is the online version missing a chapter or did that chapter just never get written?
    Cornbread, see page 9 in the pdf version. The online version is the only version, it's not paper form unless you print yourself a copy.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast