Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Boolit Mold
    Thanks,

I'm just starting to cast some bullets and the book is just what I needed.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jdbark1952 View Post
    Thanks,

I'm just starting to cast some bullets and the book is just what I needed.
    Welcome to CastBoolits jdbark1952,

Your right, as a new caster this book will get you started in the right direction from equipment to what for and why not, a good deal of the history also.

In addition to that it's a really good read.

From Ingot To Target, A cast Bullet Guide For Handgunners (In html)
    From Ingot To Target, A Cast Bullet Guide For Handgunners (In pdf)

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 05-10-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Added the links to keep them on the current page
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

In Remembrance

Be mindful, that the book, in everyone of it's forms, is copyrighted!

And, the copyright forbids printing any part of the book, or the book in whole, without the consent of the author!

I say that because I have also written a book, and am very protective of it.

Having said that, I can tell you that Glen is very generous in granting printing privileges.

For those of you who have already printed a copy, without Glen's permission, please seek his permission ASAP.

Thanks, Glen, for making this available to this community!

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Grand Master

Duke,

Glen has given his permission to print out "a" copy for your own use. What he does not want and stated so in his post here is copies run off and sold, that would no doubt cause legal problems.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glen;1207083 from post #90 in "Classics & stickies" on 03-21-11
    Absolutely! I have no problem with folks printing out hard copies for their own reference.
    That is Glen's post from the Classics & Stickies forum, post #90 dated 03-21-11, Glen E. Fryxell Fans thread.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Man
    Thank You very much!

Randy, The Birddog.

To anyone who has printed this from the PDF format,,, How many pages was it ? My cheesy printer doesnt have very good cartrige capacity and dont want to run out right in the middle. I want a printed form as I will referrence back time and time again I am sure .
    Thanks, 10 Spot

Boolit Grand Master

10 Spot, with double sided printing it should be 87 pages. Single side printing double that or 174 pages.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

New here and thought this would be a great book to read since I'm just starting to cast. I've got a quick question about the use of this book. Is it legal for me to put the pdf file on my kindle?

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to Castboolits autopilotmp, Glen has given permission for people to print out or download a copy for their personal use. I don't think it would matter if you read it on your lap top, Kindle or printed it to read on paper, Just don't print out extra copies and sell them.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

In Remembrance

Just bought a new set of HIGH VOLUME ink carts for my HP printer.

Printed out (or tried to) a copy for the cast bullet workshop I'm running in Massachusetts. Printed with the author's permission, mind you.

There are so many color images in the 174 pages that my brand new cartridges ran OUT of ink before the job was done.

I'd suggest that anyone who;s going to print this puppy out find the way (each printer is different) to REDUCE the size of each page. The font size is HUGE. If the font were a 11 size font, or even a 12 (rather than the 14 or 16 that it is), the pages would be much less.

Anyone who has a registered version of Adobe Acrobat can edit the font size directly. I didn't have the budget to get a full copy of Acrobat.

Off to the store to get another set of ink cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by 10 Spot Terminator View Post
    To anyone who has printed this from the PDF format,,, How many pages was it ? My cheesy printer doesnt have very good cartrige capacity and dont want to run out right in the middle. I want a printed form as I will referrence back time and time again I am sure .
    Thanks, 10 Spot

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInMaine View Post
    The font size is HUGE. If the font were a 11 size font, or even a 12 (rather than the 14 or 16 that it is), the pages would be much less.
    I cannot imagine how your computer/printer would come with 14 or 16 point font.

The entire document is done in 12 point Tahoma.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

In Remembrance

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

It printed the font in HUGE style. Just looking at it, I guessed 14 or 16.

What application was the original work done in?

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Another idea would be to download the .pdf file to a CD or USB flash drive, then take it to your local FedEx Office (formerly known as Kinko's) or Office Depot or Office Max, and have them print it out. It shouldn't be too terribly expensive, and you'll save your printer from a workout.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." – Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Grand Master

Adobe Acrobat.

Your pdf reader should be able to resize the pages. I suspect you have it set at a larger page size and your printer is getting page size from that.

The font style "Tahoma" is nearly identical to the font your reading this post in. If I'm not mistaken this forum is 11 point "Verdana". The main difference between Verdana and Tahoma is that Tahoma spacing between letters is closer than Verdana meaning more text in the same space. The entire book is 12 point Tahoma. Some of the captions under pictures are either 10 or 11 point Tahoma depending on what would fit in the space.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by That'll Do View Post
    Another idea would be to download the .pdf file to a CD or USB flash drive, then take it to your local FedEx Office (formerly known as Kinko's) or Office Depot or Office Max, and have them print it out. It shouldn't be too terribly expensive, and you'll save your printer from a workout.
    I have yet to print a copy myself but that is what I have been thinking of doing. It would probably be cheaper than the ink for an entire book.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Or simply drop the pdf on your iPad and read it wherever you go.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doby45 View Post
    Or simply drop the pdf on your iPad and read it wherever you go.
    Not me thanks. I can go cross eyed just trying to read phone numbers on my stupid Blackberry. An entire book on that little screen? I wouldn't get past the index page.

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 05-18-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: typo

CRPA Life Member

I would like to say thanks to the author(s) of this book it is a great read and full of info. Some of it was definetly way over my head but I found lots of the info to be helpful. Now I just have to start applying what I've learned. Again Thank You for this book.

In Remembrance

Then there are computer "stoopid" people like me that have a hard time getting onto the boolits website. I`m still holding my breath about a printed copy will come available.Robert

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast