WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
PBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Sticky! All that bumpin gonna wear Rick out!
    Another shameless bump to help keep the book in view for all the new folks at CastBoolits.

From Ingot to Target in pdf
    From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

And for those that prefer reading it on the computer, html:
    From Ingot to Target:
    A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

And the index to Glen's article's published at lasc.us - All of the aticles of Glen E. Fryxell published on lasc.us

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

I just read through it....its a good reference book...Thanks guys for the time that you put into it!

Boolit Master
    Rick?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Sticky! All that bumpin gonna wear Rick out!
    Another shameless bump to help keep the book in view for all the new folks at CastBoolits.

From Ingot to Target in pdf

And for those that prefer reading it on the computer, html:
    From Ingot to Target:
    A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

And the index to Glen's article's published at lasc.us - All of the aticles of Glen E. Fryxell published on lasc.us

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Can this be made a Sticky?
    Mal

Boolit Master
    WOW! Like a hand came down and lifted up this humble thread.

Seriously though I think this is the best book and you can't argue with FREE!
    Mal

This " Book" should be read by all casters not just the Handgunners. A whole bunch of valuable info that pertains to all of us.

Yes, keep this thread alive!

Boolit Grand Master

I finally got around to printing out the book and having it bound. In doing so I discovered many formatting errors plus a few typos and such. Also, once on paper many of the pictures looked too small, most of the pictures are a little larger now.

The entire book has now been reformatted with new font, proper word wrap around pictures, larger pictures etc.

Hopfully you will find this new format easier to read and have good clean look.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Once I finally got around to printing out the book from the pdf file I discovered that its much easier to spot formatting errors on paper than a computer screen. I also discovered that pictures that look fine on the computer, well not so much printed on plain paper. I went through the entire book line by line fixing the errors and making many of the pictures larger.

I printed the book a second time (see post 68) and found even more errors and the pictures while better still weren't quite there. I went through the entire book yet again and made many of the pictures larger and fixed more formatting errors. It should be noted that the formatting errors were mine in converting the original document to html and then using the html to go to pdf. The text is of course still the same, Glen's work remained intact through all of this.

Third printing looks much better. Its embarassing to me how poor the very first publishing looked compared to now. The point of this story is . . . Anyone that has printed an earlier version and wants to keep this book as a permenant part of their library may want to invest the ink to print a new book. A work this exceptional deserves to look its best and I may be close now.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners in pdf

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by altheating View Post

This "Book" should be read by all casters not just the Handgunners. A whole bunch of valuable info that pertains to all of us.
    There is nearly as much info for rifle shooters as there is for the handgunners.

"From Ingot to Target" in pdf:

And for those that prefer reading it on the computer, in html:

And the index to all of Glen's article's published at lasc.us
    All of the aticles of Glen E. Fryxell published on lasc.us

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Sweet -- I snagged the .pdf, translated it into Kindle format, emailed it to my kindle and I will begin consuming it.
    ph4570

Thank you.

I finished reading this yesterday, it is well worth reading. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
    William.

I keep a copy by the bedside table.

David
    Cats are fun and magical when you can't smell their poop! Fresh Step!

JPFO; NCOWS; NRA (Life); NYSRPA (Life); SAF, SASS

I'm looking for a shooter grade Smith & Wesson Victory model in .38 Special.

Moderator Emeritus

I have already read it....it is truly great! It is good for the novice as well as the seasoned caster.....Frywell's background lends him to bring forth some great information.....

Tag to print.

Thank you.

Boolit Master

This is where I first started getting interested in casting my own bullets - with Mr. Fryxell's works.

Mr. Fryxell, thank you so much for making this available to all of us, and for all of the other articles on casting and the various molds that you have written about.

I'm new here and heard about this book on another forum. It is terrific! I downloaded the PDF file and can refer to it on my iPad in the iBooks app. Very convenient. Thanks for your wonderful generosity for making this free. We casters (I'm a newbie) are very indebted for all your work.

thank you. These links will continue helping me refine my casting

Boolit Buddy
    Rick: I use Linux and have downloaded ALL of Gene's writings. If there should ever be repression of the web or site's go down or "whatever", I have a permanent copy on my hard drives and made a DVD of them. that way, for whatever reason , I'll have a copy. just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you for your work in making it availably to the Castboolits Crowd. And a Big THANK YOU to the authors. God Bless to you and yours.
    Goofyoldfart aka Goofy and Godfrey
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Boolit Master
    I will take this opportunity to express my gratitude as well. The authors of this book clearly have written a labor of love, and it has a wealth of interesting and useful information for the caster, the shooter and the people who love them

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast