Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication PBcastco
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Boolit Grand Master

From Ingot to Target in pdf is now available with proper page numbering for your numerical printing pleasure.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners in pdf

And for those that prefer reading it on the computer, html:

From Ingot to Target:
    A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 04-07-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Thanks Glen for the book and cbrick for the PDF. This is a very nice and informative book. I downloaded a copy of it for myself, printed it out and put it in a binder for my pleasurable reading in the evenings. It will join the other books in my reloading/casting library.
    There is a wealth of information in the book. I recommend it to all casters especially new casters.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master

If you already printed a copy of the book you now have two additional pages to print for a complete book. The book was missing a cover, all books need a cover so this book now has one.

The second page to print is the index page which has changed a bit.

Enjoy,

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Rick;
    Just as a matter of interest. I took my printed copy of the book (thanks to ALL of you who worked on this project) pages to my local "Staples" office supply store and they separated each chapter with an orange page, put a clear plastic front cover and a back cover all for the munificent sum of under $5.00.

The book is a MOST worthy addition to my library.

Dale53

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I'll print it tomorrow and thanks......
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

I am not into fandom but must admit that there are those I do admire somewhat. Glen is one of them. I suppose one of the reasons is we like a lot of the same molds, guns etc.

I have always thought I would like to write but God did not instill in me me that talent. I have been a reader since I was very young and writers have entertained, educated, inspired and amazed me every since. There are a few that stick out and Glen is one of them!
    Jay
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    I have always thought I would like to write but God did not instill in me me that talent. Jay
    I dunno Mr. O, that seems quite well written to me. Of course it doesn't hurt that I agree with it completely.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Two Tracks View Post
    That book would be a great sticky that people could refer new caster to, (like me). There is a lot of great information there. I also wish if was a hard back. I would get one for sure. edit: I guess it is there ain't it. Day late and a dollar short again.
    If nobody has recommended it, you should download the pdf file in case the website should be taken down for any reason.

Boolit Grand Master

I downloaded my copy and printed it out and had it bound. Makes a VERY useful fireside book for my library! It cost less than $5.00 to have it bound.

Dale53

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    If nobody has recommended it, you should download the pdf file in case the website should be taken down for any reason.
    Site be taken down? Server fees are paid for 13 months, Next due in August. Once paid the site is safe until September 2012. Domain name fees are paid for 5 years at a time not due again until I think 2014.

As for me just deciding not to do the site anymore, It's something I enjoy and have worked on it for 20 years. Considering it's a local gun club site I would say it's an extremely successful site that has been running at 1 million page views a year.

In the short time Glen's book has been published the page view number has taken a big up-swing. Glen is widely known and well respected as a cast bullet writer, shooter, hunter.

I think the site and the book/articles are safe for a while but sure, download it and/or print yourself a copy. All of Glen's articles published on lasc.us are also now in pdf if anyone would like to download or print them.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Thanks Rick!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Thanks Rick!
    Aw shucks, wasn't nuthin.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Cbrick,
    ....in your post #43, concerning the two new extra pages, when I clicked on the new link, it would not let me bring up the sight. Is there something I might be missing? Wasn't aware that Glen's book was 170 pages +. Thank you Glen!!!! I will be using it as base to help others getting into casting, that like me are new.

Lonerider

Boolit Grand Master

Dunno Lonerider, I got the email notifiation of your post, went to post 43 and it loaded fine. Do you have Adobe Reader? If not go to the Adobe web site, the reader is a free download. Otherwise you can use the HTML link to view it as a web site.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

Simply....THANK YOU from a guy who is just getting started and thanks to all the others on here who share the knowledge

Awesome information. All three of the guys (Authors, forward) live within a few hours of me. In fact i'm right in the middle of all three of em. Might have to look them up and say thanks.
    MPBARRY1

NRA Life Member

PASS IT ON! TAKE A KID SHOOTING!,

Boolit Man
    THANKS! Printed it off and read it twice so far... Found the history portion simply fascinating.

Jim

Boolit Grand Master

A shameless bump to help keep it in view for the new folks at CastBoolits.

From Ingot to Target in pdf is now available with proper page numbering for your numerical printing pleasure.

And for those that prefer reading it on the computer, html:

From Ingot to Target:
    A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

And the index to Glen's article's published at lasc.us - All of the aticles of Glen E. Fryxell published on lasc.us

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    HI,
    This ought to be made a sticky.

Boolit Master
    Sticky! All that bumpin gonna wear Rick out!
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast