WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
PBcastcoRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Boolit Grand Master

Ken made it a stickie in the "Cast Boolits" forum.

Here is the link again.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy

anyone have it as a pdf ot txt file?

I would do it myself, but between work and trying to keep up the house (the SO is disabled) I am short of time to actually DO anything gun-related... <suffering withdrawals, need a therapy session at the range, asap>
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Grand Master

I downloaded the Adobe PDF program with a 30 day free trial. I have zero experience with PDF and for the 4 days I have worked with this program it looks like I will need far more than 30 days to figure it out, if I cannot make it work I'll not be spending the $300.00 they want for the software. Almost zero progress so far, I'll keep playing with it to see what I can figure out.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Rick, check out - primopdf.com/ it is free, it works really good for me,and I am computer stoopid,also try - PDFill -it is free, it works good, the free version will have a light line of text across some of the documents, the paid version don't, but it is only $20 I got the paid version after using the free one. I was able to convert the guide to pdf with no problem, I put it on a cd. I am a cheep bastid, free is good. Ed

Boolit Master

A quote from the title page of From Ingot to Target:

"Thank You Mr. Fryxell and Mr. Applegate. lasc.us is proud to host this exceptional book."

And

"This book is copy right protected (copyright © 2011). All rights are reserved by the authors. No part may be copied, reproduced or transmitted in any fashion without written permission of the authors."

I guess it is OK for a person to make & save a copy for himself. I'm not so sure it would be very polite to pass one around though.

Beerd -- I have no problem with anyone "passing their copy around" to their friends. We wrote this to put out there for people to read and enjoy. What I WOULD have a problem with is people printing off hardcopies and selling them for personal profit.
    Glen

Quote Originally Posted by edsmith View Post
    Rick, check out - primopdf.com/ it is free, it works really good for me,and I am computer stoopid,also try - PDFill -it is free, it works good, the free version will have a light line of text across some of the documents, the paid version don't, but it is only $20 I got the paid version after using the free one. I was able to convert the guide to pdf with no problem, I put it on a cd. I am a cheep bastid, free is good. Ed
    Did you have to copy and paste each page individually?
    Crabo

Do not argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Boolit Master
    yes,but you can combine all of them into one file after you save to your documents,also you can optmize the files to reduce the mbs. on my check maker book, I was able to reduce the size from 33 mb to 8mb.download the free programs, if you dont like them delete. Ed

Boolit Grand Master

Ok, several of you aked for it, here it is.

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners by Glen E. Fryxell and Robert L. Applegate, in pdf for your printing pleasure.

Four days ago I couldn't even spell pdf, now I did one .

From Ingot to Target: A Cast Bullet Guide for Handgunners in pdf

Enjoy!

Rick
    Last edited by cbrick; 06-04-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: typo

CRPA Life Member

Thanks Rick!
    Glen

Boolit Master

Yes, thank you

Boolit Master
    Good job, looks like you figgered out acrobat

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by edsmith View Post
    Good job, looks like you figgered out acrobat
    Yep, I used the 30 day free trial from Adobe, now I'll have to buy the program for any future editing. Still much of this software I need to figure out but I got it this far. For one thing is page numbers, I am sure it does page numbers but I couldn't find it so I added page numbers by chapter instead of throughout the entire book, better than nothing for now.

I tried a couple of times to download "primopdf.com" per your suggestion but couldn't get it to work. The only thing to down load was the install function but no program. Perhaps they were having some problem, I'll try it again in the future.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Shameless bump so more folks can find "The Book".

From Ingot to Target in pdf.

Cast Bullet Guide For Handgunners

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Yep, I used the 30 day free trial from Adobe, now I'll have to buy the program for any future editing. Still much of this software I need to figure out but I got it this far. For one thing is page numbers, I am sure it does page numbers but I couldn't find it so I added page numbers by chapter instead of throughout the entire book, better than nothing for now.

I tried a couple of times to download "primopdf.com" per your suggestion but couldn't get it to work. The only thing to down load was the install function but no program. Perhaps they were having some problem, I'll try it again in the future.

Rick
    I don't use a computer much, mostly surfing. Foxit is a free pdf program that I use to read pdf things, not sure if you can use it to create and edit pdf files. I downloaded foxit because acrobat made my computer freeze and I got frustrated after two re-installs with the same results.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Nice, Thanks for posting this.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master

Shameless bump so more folks can find the link for "The Book".

From Ingot to Target in pdf.

Cast Bullet Guide For Handgunners

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Wow!.....I do not know this Glen Fryxell, who ever this person is....Thank You!!!!

You allowing us to garnish information for your expierences, free of charge on CASTBOOLITS, go way beyond, what would be considered normal.

I am still pretty new at this and often seek out others thoughts and experiences, so as to learn and be efficient with my casting, still have a long ways to go.

Its not often that someone of this mans character, would do something so totally unselfish. What a great model for me to follow after, if I am every in a position to benefit others instead of just myself.

Lonerider

Boolit Buddy

Glen--Thank you

Sir:

Thank you very much--very, very well done.

I'm now an immediate admirer.

Thanks again,

Steve

Boolit Master

That's the best book on casting bullets I have ever read. Thanks Glen. And thanks Rick.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast